inner thigh help!

So ive been losing weight with diet and exercise.. my inner thighs are driving me crazy! What are some effective exercises that you have seen results??/

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Nothing.

Your body doesn't get rid of fat where you exercise. Just keep working at it and you will see results. Stay at a moderate deficit consistently, lift weights, and profit.
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Running is good for all leg muscles, but if you go on to youtube, look up 'blogilates' and she has loads of videos that target different areas of the body for toning, she has several for legs and a few specifically for thighs. Good luck :)
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Nothing.

Your body doesn't get rid of fat where you exercise. Just keep working at it and you will see results. Stay at a moderate deficit consistently, lift weights, and profit.

this
  • SUMO Squats! Look them up on Youtube, basically just spread feet really wide, toes point out (like sumo wrestler) lower till thighs are horizontal to floor, and stand back up. The slower the better! Make yourself do 25 in a row, if doing correctly by #15 the inner thighs will be burning pretty well ;o) I've worked myself up to 50 everyday or every other day and can totally see the difference in a few short weeks!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Nothing.

This is true. While you're continuing to lose the fat, you can definitely work on the muscles in this area along with your current exercise routine. This is a good quick workout I like to do for inner thighs: http://backonpointe.tumblr.com/image/29963787856
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    I know it's been said that you can't really target areas. That's probably true. That being said, when I did the Couch25K, I noticed an improvement all over...including thighs. There are machines at my gym that suposedly target the thighs (hip abduction and adduction) that I use pretty consistently. Can't prove that it's the machines, but I've noticed a tiny difference. Good luck!
  • SUMO Squats! Look them up on Youtube, basically just spread feet really wide, toes point out (like sumo wrestler) lower till thighs are horizontal to floor, and stand back up. The slower the better! Make yourself do 25 in a row, if doing correctly by #15 the inner thighs will be burning pretty well ;o) I've worked myself up to 50 everyday or every other day and can totally see the difference in a few short weeks!

i just started doing these too as inner thighs is only place not budging much. Hopefully will see a difference soon :bigsmile:
  • Nothing.

This is true, but add the sumo squats at the end of whatever other workouts you do, every day and add a coupld on as you can and you WILL not regret it! Best thing I've found to tone my inner thighs! :happy:
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    just ignore the guy behind the curtain. lol..sorry didnt like what i said so removed it
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Nothing.

This is true, but add the sumo squats at the end of whatever other workouts you do, every day and add a coupld on as you can and you WILL not regret it! Best thing I've found to tone my inner thighs! :happy:

I do my deadlifts sumo style.

Body weight sumo squats are not as good as heavy weighted squats
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Running is good for all leg muscles, but if you go on to youtube, look up 'blogilates' and she has loads of videos that target different areas of the body for toning, she has several for legs and a few specifically for thighs. Good luck :)

i've never heard of blogilates, just checked it out on youtube thank you very much for sharing x
  • Nell720
    Nell720 Posts: 7 Member
    You can focus on building the muscle for inner thighs by doing curtsy squats. Also look up Debbie Siebers, she does Slim in 6 and can work the heck out your thighs.