Real Foods vs. fake foods

Options
kiffypooh
kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
Hello all,
I've never posted something like this but just read this article and thought it was very interesting. It's a direction I've been heading and it was nice to read about it.

http://www.fitnessspotlight.com/2009/03/16/selling-ill-health-real-foods-fake-foods/

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have a little less of the real thing or nothing at all than a lot of the fake. Like the famous lyrics say... Ain't nothing like the real thing baby (Ashford and Simpson). Moderation is the key.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Great to know I can look forward to looking like a shrivled old woman with mangy hair while I eat my egg beaters =P
    That was pretty interesting though, thanks for sharing!
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have a little less of the real thing or nothing at all than a lot of the fake. Like the famous lyrics say... Ain't nothing like the real thing baby (Ashford and Simpson). Moderation is the key.

I didn't read the whole article that was posted but I am a believer in moderation. I eat eggs, and bacon. When I use margarine it is because it spreads right out of the fridge.

The main difference is people now over-eat for the amount of physical activity we do. These real foods are not the evil, they just need to be eaten is smaller quantities.
  • mdale2
    mdale2 Posts: 79
    Options
    Real foods FTW...every time. I think our take of "healthy" as a society is seriously screwed. I mean...margarine and other frankenfoods peddled as "good for you"? Haha...WRONG. People only view them as good because they're magically "low fat" or "low in calories!" or "low sugar!" but little attention is given to the highly processed nature of these foods or the real origin of their "natural flavors" or other ingredients.