My last 10 pounds......

Options
Well, I'm not gonna sit here and write "why can't I lose these last 10 pounds?" "I'm doing everything right!"........I'm gonna be straight up honest. I am having difficulty losing my last 10 pounds because I think my motiviation has dwindled to about 25% from 110%. I asked my co-worker/friend today "what the hell is wrong with me? What has changed?" Her opinion is that I've simply given up??? I've been doing this for over 2 years now. My lifestyle change, eating right, exercising.......my husband thinks I'm celebrating lol He says it's well deserved but he knows I'm not done yet. So tell me, those of you who have made goal and are maintaining or struggling like me, how do/did you handle this. It's tearing me apart mentally. I want to get there already, but then when I crave/or binge I think oh eff it, I'm eating that. I feel so burnt out from thinking about it constantly. Any advise/motivation/inspiration would be much appreciated!

Replies

• marulm
    marulm Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Remember that if you want to stay healthy, you will never be "done". If you have been at a plateau for awhile, there can be many causes, and lots of little tweaks to try. Perhaps go on maintenance calories for a few months and be sure to eat back your exercise calories. Have you added strength training to your new way of life? If you open your diary, there might be something one of us can see that could be changed a little. For me, I know that I will have to be aware of what I put in my body for the rest of my life.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Ok, it's public now
  • simplycee
    Options
    For me making sure to record tastes, bites and licks has made the difference. You'll be surprised how they can add up. Also, I changed my excercise routine and after a couple weeks the weight came off again.
  • marulm
    marulm Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't see many vegetables there. If the caesar salad you have at lunch is just lettuce, add some other veggies. I have a huge salad every day with lots of veggies, a protein, and dressing I make from non-fat Greek yogurt and spice or salsa. I haven't been logging dinner very often, but I always have a huge serving (2 cups plus) of green beans or broccoli, salad, etc. or I have substituted spaghetti squash for pasta and also had a green of some kind. Your macro nutrients seem off to me, check out this article.
    http://www.thespartanwarrior.com/post/6114152789/iifym (If it fits my macros)
    It looks like you do eliptical nearly every day plus other cardio. Google "steady-state cardio" to see how that may be affecting your calorie burn. (Your body becomes very efficient, you are no longer using as many calories to do the same thing)
    Try to incorporate exercise in your every day life. These are the things that I do---I park far out in parking lots, I carry heavy things (I carried a 50lb bag of cement to my car instead of using the cart), I always squat to pick things up, sometimes standing up as slowly as possible. You get the idea, do whatever you can to make yourself stronger as you go about your day. You have been on your healthy journey, don't turn around now.
  • rhw7879
    Options
    I agree with everyone also. Change up your exercise, for example.. I started walking on the treadmill at 5 elevation and 3.5 speed.. then went to 10 elevation 3.6 and now I do 15 elevation and 3.0 speed and change it to 6.0 speed ... (kinda like running up a mountain) which totally rocks me out and I love it. Maybe try something different.

Good luck,
    Rob

Follow me on my weight loss adventures: http://www.facebook.com/roblostweight
  • rhw7879
    Options
    I agree with everyone also. Change up your exercise, for example.. I started walking on the treadmill at 5 elevation and 3.5 speed.. then went to 10 elevation 3.6 and now I do 15 elevation and 3.0 speed and change it to 6.0 speed ... (kinda like running up a mountain) which totally rocks me out and I love it. Maybe try something different.

Good luck,
    Rob

Follow me on my weight loss adventures: http://www.facebook.com/roblostweight