OMG Texas Weather

Options
jrbowers83
jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
Okay so I'm going to sound like a Bah Humbug, but I just have to say Texas weather is crazy! I've lived here all my life so you wouldn't think I'd still freak out over its oddities, but I do. Yesterday was in the 70s. Today it is below freezing and SNOWING! You'd think I'd be grateful to FINALLY have a white Christmas, but instead I'm going "what the heck, now I have to drive on black ice all Christmas Eve and Day?" (I have a church event tonight, and 2 family events tomorrow, BLAH). My healthy eating has gone out the window... I don't like the cold. It makes me feel like I should be hibernating-just eating a sleeping. And of course it made the kids go crazy. This is the first time my daughter has ever seen snow. She stood there catching it on her tongue. Then plopped on her bottom and slid down the hill of my front yard. My son, of course, was throwing snowballs and trying to slip on the ice.

Okay so I did enjoy it a little with the kiddos. Here's a pic. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! (despite my Scroogey spirit).

cp1_1224091643a.jpg

Replies

• golddogs
    golddogs Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just talked to my parents in Dallas - they are excited about a white Christmas. I grew up and in Texas and it is the craziest weather of anywhere I ever lived! Try to have a good holiday!!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Pictures adorable! And what the hey, you stole my white christmas! lol... despite the foot or so already ont he ground.. we're experiencing rain in southeastern WI :( My husband grew up in Houston, but absolutely loves the snow, however he still hasn't gone sledding. My daughters too young this year, but next year should be perfect for the both of them to enjoy it for they're first times! Merry Christmas everyone!
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have friends and family in Dallas, and they have been telling me all about this!! Crazy!! Texas????
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    jrbowers83- where in Texas are you? I am in San Antonio, it's cold but now snowing here. I have to admit I wouldn't mind a little snow:> But I grew up in Illinois so maybe that's why.