Pregnant?

Options
Anyone pregnant and due February-March? Are you still tracking, and what is your daily calorie goal?

Replies

• Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I was told to eat an additional 500 calories a day when pregnant. I don't know if this helps you at all. I didn't track while pregnant, however....I did end up losing weight while pregnant, though, because my body is weird.
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I would think it's still a good idea to track, being pregnant isn't a free for all for eating whatever we want in mass quantities. I'd talk to my obstetrician (midwife, nutritionist) about what your pre-pregnancy calorie count was (were you still losing or maintaining?) and what s/he would recommend now that you're preggers. Added calcium and iron may be in order too. I was skinny when I had my three, my weight didn't come on until these past 5 years....but anyway, Congratulations!
  • cscott0128
    Options
    I simply set my settings to maintain my current weight and it calculated a Calorie intake of about 2100/day.

Hope this helps!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    February 25!!!

I don't track every day, but most days I do.

My calorie goal is maintenance plus 300, so around 1750 + exercise calories.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few of us.

Check out the Oh baby, baby!! group, for more support and chat.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    I'm due March 3rd.

I eat my BMR (adjusted for weight gain/loss every time I weigh) + 50 (added for 6 weeks) + 11 calories added every Monday. I'm 15 weeks, so this Monday I added 99.

My daily goal this week is 1924 and I eat back all/most of my exercise calories. I still exercise, but not as hard/intense/much as I did before I got pregnant. I log everyday. Just hit 175 days of logging yesterday.

My doctor said he wants no weight gain during my pregnancy.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm due in December. I'm eating at maintenance and eating back most of my exercise calories. I normally eat around 1800-2000 cals a day (I'm pretty active), and my weight gain has been stable. Other than that, I'm just trying to eat healthy foods, watch my sodium/sugar/carbs, and making sure I get enough protein and water.
    Exercise--what I was doing before, with just a few modifications for comfort.
  • MaryannaDua
    Options
    I suffered terrible morning sickness for a few weeks and was unable to eat practically anything. I've always been literally right on the border of being underweight, so it sent me under quite a bit. Since I had my initial check up I've been looging as often as I can remember, which is pretty much all day since I'm a stay-at-home wife. I had been looking for a food journaling program that would allow me to calculate for weight gain and have been so pleased to find myfitnesspal. I know it's challenging for many people to lose weight, but for others it's just as difficult to gain.. Being pregnant and underweight, I have found it really helpful that I can customize my goals to include adjusted iron and calcium especially. I'm now aiming for 2300 calories in about six meals a day. I do light stretching and exercise daily, nothing strenuous. I'm 12 weeks 5 days, so i should be on track to start gaining a pound or so a week. My biggest problem is getting enough water, so I've incorporated an afternoon soup and tea before bed. Really hoping to start putting on the pounds!
  • amitch17
    amitch17 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm due March 1st and I eat about 1 400 cals a day. Mostly fruit and veggies.
  • novaktd2
    Options
    I'm due December 23rd. I quit tracking after I found out I was pregnant and now I've gained 30 lbs in 6.5 months. I'm going to start tracking again because the baby is very big and the doctor told me I need to start watching what I'm eating more. I haven't been 'eating for two' but I've been so sick for the first 6 months that the only thing my body would hold down is pasta. Which I'm sure we all know packs on the LBS!
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm due in March...haven't been tracking though. I do know that since I got pregnant, I have lost 6 pounds. I have a very poor appetite and don't eat much or I get sick. But the baby is healthy thankfully!
  • jillfrog
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • jillfrog
    Options
    February 25!!!

I don't track every day, but most days I do.

My calorie goal is maintenance plus 300, so around 1750 + exercise calories.

Feb 20th!! This has been my plan and calorie goal, too! Phew!