Need Ground Beef Recipes....Please!!

Options
josamky
josamky Posts: 5
:sad: I just started this whole diet thing as of Saturday. I have nothing, but ground beef in my freezer. So I hope that I can make some good for me recipes. I'm trying to lose a lot of weight. So please anybody, can you help!!:wink:

Replies

• josamky
    josamky Posts: 5
    Options
    :sad: I just started this whole diet thing as of Saturday. I have nothing, but ground beef in my freezer. So I hope that I can make some good for me recipes. I'm trying to lose a lot of weight. So please anybody, can you help!!:wink:
  • my3kids
    my3kids Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    a really good place to look is all receipes.com i am a huge fan of that site. or go and get a weight watchers cook book.. you can make spaghetti with low calorie sauce and whole wheat pasta
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    5 percent fat 3 oz serving is 145 calories
    10 percent fat 3 oz serving is 185 calories
    15 percent fat 3 oz serving is 212 calories

so make your favorite recipes spaghetti, tacos, burgers, meatloaf
    and weigh it to keep your portions under contol.

sara lee makes a whole grain hamburger bun that is only 110 calories
    fresh corn tortillas are 110 calories for 2
    spaghetti sauce is low calorie and ronzoni heathy harvest whole wheat pasta 180 calories
    use low sugar ketchup in your meatloaf

Good luck and drain well :wink:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You should click on the message boards button up top & type in ground beef in the search bar that will be to the right. I don't know any recipes off the top of my head.. sorry:ohwell:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    It is all about how you prepare your ground beef.

I use lean meat to start with not only healthier but you don't have the mess of draining off the fat.

I brown the meet in a pan with onion, garlic, pepper, salt (but not a lot) and jalapeño (leave the seeds out if you don't like it hot). Once this is browned I will add items from here depending on what is for dinner.

Spaghetti I will just add the sauce

Taco meat for tacos, burritos, tostadas and taco salad I will add chili powder with a little water to mix it together equally then I will add pinto beans and sometimes Pace Picante Sauce (then I don't need to add it later.

I have started making soups with all kinds of meats (hamburger is great with a beef broth and vegies)

Good Luck!

Stacy
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    Also when I cook which is most of the time I use to find it hard to figure out the calories. Someone on this site pointed out another website that will help with figuring calories when you cook. It has been a life savor otherwise I would have given up a long time ago. I actually eat healthier at home than I do out.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

I had to download something to make it work but not sure if you go right to this site you might be able to work from here. You enter all the ingredients added to your meal then it needs to know many servings you made and click calculate info. REALLY AWESOME!!!

Have fun!

Stacy