Weekly Meal Planning

Options
I had this brillant idea of creating a spreadsheet to where I can plan out my weekly meals....breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I even want a column that will tally up the calories for me. So, me being the OCD person I am have made it my mission today to work on this (my job can wait...lol). But I was wondering if anyone would like to share some of your favorite meals or snacks. I am a single mom of an Autistic son...so my time is very limited....so the easier the better! :)

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I use MFP to plan my week which does the job your spreadsheet will do for me anyway!

I'm also a single mum so sometimes to do meals that will go over 2 days. For example, one day I'll have quorn fillets with roasted veg couscous and the next day have the couscous with falafel or fish.
  • TimeFourMe
    TimeFourMe Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea! I too have been thinking of planning our meals. Don't know that I will get that detailed but would LOVE to be. I did think last night that I would like to make a spreadsheet showing total calories for the week and weight loss for the week so I could see exactly how my body is responding. Again, don't think I'll do it but would be interesting. I want to meal plan though. I am spending WAY too much on fresh stuff and not always using it all. I have printed off some new recipes off pintrest and prevention mags for 400 cal meals. John was getting tired of grilled chicken and salad. ;-)

My favorite crock-pot meal is taco soup. I use canned tomato soup, water, pinto beans, black beans, frozen corn, rotel, taco seasoning and shredded chicken. I rinse the low-sodium beans so it washes some of the sodium away. Simmer on low all day and yum. You could throw the chicken breasts in whole and shred it after or just cut them up in chunks and toss in and be done with it. I do like boiling chicken and then tossing them into the mixer with the paddle attachment to shred the chicken and just add it to the soup as you want to. That way you can weigh how much chicken you are eating and can use the extra chicken for salads, wraps, ect.
  • desilou52879
    Options
    I can email you my spreadsheet Christina....lol! I just know if I have it laid out for 7 days what I need to eat...I would do better! And it would help keep me organized. If I have everything pretty much made for the week then its just grab and go...NO EXCUSES!
  • TimeFourMe
    TimeFourMe Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Go for it! And yes.. email it to me. ;-) I have thought that it would be nice to grill up our proteins on Sunday and prep all the veggies on Sunday cause it would make the week go easier. You go girl. Too bad you live an hour away or we could prep together!
  • lar4290
    lar4290 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite quick snacks that feels like a treat uses bagel thins (when they're on sale, I'll buy an extra pack and freeze them). I'll top each side with a tablespoon of marinara and a tablespoon of reduced fat shredded mozzarella, or with a tablespoon of salsa and one of reduced fat Mexican blend cheese. I'll toast them in the oven until the cheese melts and the bagel crisps. The texmex one has 150 calories and the pizza one has about five more (using a relatively low calorie sauce). It may not have a ton of nutrients, but it's a delicious snack if you ever have a craving. Hope this helps!
  • desilou52879
    Options
    One of my favorite quick snacks that feels like a treat uses bagel thins (when they're on sale, I'll buy an extra pack and freeze them). I'll top each side with a tablespoon of marinara and a tablespoon of reduced fat shredded mozzarella, or with a tablespoon of salsa and one of reduced fat Mexican blend cheese. I'll toast them in the oven until the cheese melts and the bagel crisps. The texmex one has 150 calories and the pizza one has about five more (using a relatively low calorie sauce). It may not have a ton of nutrients, but it's a delicious snack if you ever have a craving. Hope this helps!

That sounds awesome! Will have to try! :)