Who Inspires You at the Gym

Options
Thewatcher_66
Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
Okay,

Now that we discussed what annoys you, who inspires you. It doesn't have to be at the gym, it could be on a running trail or at the park. I spoke to a lady once who was 72 years old who was working the circuits and machines like she was 30. I was about to quit for the day until I saw her, I stayed an extra 30 minutes.

Replies

• katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym (I work out at home or run the neighborhood). But there's the one lady down the road who walks, and walks, and walks, and walks. She just walks. All the time. Her dog, other dogs, any dog. Whether it's 98 degrees out or raining.

Also, the amazing people I have the pleasure of knowing here on MFP.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I've got this old dude on my friends list who's killing it with his workouts...and we post what we do on our feed.

We are similar in size, so it's a lot of motivation for me not to get beat by an old guy...

If you read this...JK btw...much respect.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Also, the amazing people I have the pleasure of knowing here on MFP.

Here here!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    the people that inspire me are the regulars at my gym. They show up every day and every one of their routines is focused and all business. When I was a total newbie, these people irritated me because I felt like they had an arrogance to them. Now, they inspire me and I realize they aren't arrogant at all-- they are simply dedicated and motivated as hell.

2 guys in particular stick out though. 1 is this young chubby kid-- reminds me of "the fat kid" from stand by me. He hits the gym regularly and takes his training seriously and you can just tell how bad he WANTS tp succeed in his goals and overcome his obstacles.