Drinking liquids

Options
Can coffee and diet soda be counted in your daily water intake?

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    no you can add em to your diary but not as water
  • clee369
    clee369 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I usually drink my liquids. Sometimes I eat them though
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    It's your diary, so use it in any way you like.

If your concern is whether you are well-hydrated, sure, count 'em as water.

If your concern is drinking more water, don't.
  • joe_d
    joe_d Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think if the liquid in question has caffeine, you've got to be careful counting it as water since caffeine is a diuretic. At least that's what a dietitian I know has cautioned me.
  • anonymousKel
    anonymousKel Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    coffee, tea and soda shouldn't be counted as water intake...but herbal tea can be x
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I think if the liquid in question has caffeine, you've got to be careful counting it as water since caffeine is a diuretic. At least that's what a dietitian I know has cautioned me.

the caffeine turns all the water into steam and it shoots out your ears
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    no you can add em to your diary but not as water

What are you, the water police?
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options

Your dietitian is only partially right. Mild diuretic affect, but a cup of coffee will certainly add far more water to your body than is expelled because of the caffeine.

For the record, if I drink it, I count it. This whole 8 glasses of water and only count water as water thing is crap.
  • askinnybanana13
    Options
    no soda and coffee are dehydrating and should be added to the diary as a drink. water is water unless it is herbal tea with out sweeteners.
  • JesGrn
    JesGrn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What are you, the water police?
    [/quote]

Hehe
  • Brodieno
    Options
    Your body needs lots of water and draws it from whatever source it can including tea, coffee and even sodas and shakes etc. It is recommended that you drink 8 cups of water do day but that includes all liquids. If the liquid has calories associated with it, it should also be included in your food. Some elements of liquid may not be good for you like sugar in soda but that is a different issue when it comes to water consumption.
  • cheri63664
    cheri63664 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone your comments help.

What are you, the water police? That's funny thank you for the chuckle.