Christmas Presents!

Options
songbyrdsweet
songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
What'd ya get?

I got
$100 (for my new running shoes, but I already bought those, so I'll probably use this for my tattoo)
sandwich maker (woohoo, yummy breakfast sammiches!)
kenneth cole wallet
foam curlers
pajama pants
hair accessories
toiletries & eye makeup

Of course Christmas is about family, but presents are fun! :bigsmile:

Replies

• fortiter00
    fortiter00 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I got a crazy penguin flying an airplane ornament and some Arrogant *kitten* Hot Sauce set....and to go back to bed and cuddle with my cat. Of course the rest of the Christmas party is later with family.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    A broken toe!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    fortiter-- cat snuggles are the best!

memaw- oh no!! how'd that happen??
  • memaw66
    Options
    I was cleaning house last night and somehow I turned and jammed my toe into the door frame of our closet door. OUCH!!!!!
    So it's a nice blue/green/purple fat toe this morning! It wouldn't be so bad if it was summertime and I could wear flip flops but no, I have to put on a closed in shoe, that's gonna hurt!!!!

Good day all!!!

Memaw
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Owie!! I jammed my toe yesterday too while cleaning. It's sore but thankfully not broken. Feel better!!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I got a book, the DVD Julie/Julia, a stearing wheel cover for my car, a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt from Philadelphia (I collect them), and a hand painted jewelry box.

And mother nature gave me 12+ inches of snow. I am right in the middle of that blizzard hitting the midwest right now and am snowed in - which I don't mind too much as am spending the day wathcing TV.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I got a gift card for some new shoes
    15lb dumbells
    Strap Perfect (WHOO!)
    a weightlifting belt I have no idea how to use it, but my dad said it will stop my intestines from busting out when I lift heavier weights. Yikes.

I haven't had a white Christmas in years - since I lived in the mountains in Tennessee. It snowed literally 2 minutes last week, ha.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I got a gift card for some new shoes
    15lb dumbells
    Strap Perfect (WHOO!)
    a weightlifting belt I have no idea how to use it, but my dad said it will stop my intestines from busting out when I lift heavier weights. Yikes.

I haven't had a white Christmas in years - since I lived in the mountains in Tennessee. It snowed literally 2 minutes last week, ha.

Strap Perfect looks cool!! I want one.

A weightlifting belt goes around your waist when you lift near-maximal loads that load your lower body...deadlifts, squats, hang cleans, push presses. It helps support your spine and aid the pressure you produce during the Valsalva maneuver (where you exhale against a close throat...like when you're #2 or lifting something heavy). Some people wear them all the time, but that actually takes away from the normal stabilizing of your abdominal muscles. Just use them when you're lifting heavy.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I got a book, the DVD Julie/Julia, a stearing wheel cover for my car, a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt from Philadelphia (I collect them), and a hand painted jewelry box.

And mother nature gave me 12+ inches of snow. I am right in the middle of that blizzard hitting the midwest right now and am snowed in - which I don't mind too much as am spending the day wathcing TV.

Julie Julia was realllly cute.
    We are supposed to get rain/ice here in Va...hasn't shown up yet.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My daughter bought me a Teavana loose tea pot! So very cool!!

Also, t-shirts. :happy: :happy: :happy:

I know t-shirts:huh: doesnt seem like much, but I am super picky about the cute, texture, every darn thing. She picked out the perfect Ts and it means she thought it through.............this makes it the best Christmas presents EVER!!

:drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Strap Perfect looks cool!! I want one.

A weightlifting belt goes around your waist when you lift near-maximal loads that load your lower body...deadlifts, squats, hang cleans, push presses. It helps support your spine and aid the pressure you produce during the Valsalva maneuver (where you exhale against a close throat...like when you're #2 or lifting something heavy). Some people wear them all the time, but that actually takes away from the normal stabilizing of your abdominal muscles. Just use them when you're lifting heavy.

Awesome, thanks for the bit of knowledge. =)
    If you hadn't explained the Valsalva maneuver with #2 I would not have understood. But I get it, haha.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I think I was extra bad this year, because I got...squat. lol

Mom gave me $50, but I really missed having something to open.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    My husband got me pearl ear rings.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    My wife got me practically a whole new wardrobe! Pants (34W32L -YEA!, Shirts (16" neck - YEA), size medium, sweaters (size medium - YEA!), and socks. At least I won't be swimming in my clothes anymore! :smokin:

My older son got me clothes, too, but he got size large (hasn't seen me since October) so I may have to exchange them.:ohwell:

My younger son got me a pocket camera to take pictures and videos while I'm skiing. :glasses:

And Santa brought both my wife and I HRM's :heart:

I hope he doesn't bring me the bills, though, but he probably will next month! :grumble:
  • memaw66
    Options
    Well we were all broke this year so there wasn't much under the tree but my daughter got me a really pretty corner 3 tier glass shelf unit to hang on the wall. When my hubby gets home I will have him install it for me and will put either my collection of bear figurines or my turtles or my indians, haven't decided which yet. I collect lots of stuff like that so the shelf will look really nice, just don't know where I"m going to put it yet, I'm running out of wall space.

I haven't opened my gift from my MIL yet but it's some sort of jewlery. She got my SIL a necklace/bracelet set with the Dallas Cowboys star on it. I don't like the Cowboys so hopefully mine has a turtle or something like that. She always gives us the same but different. Make sense?

That's all of my gifts this year but just having my kids and my grandson together was good enough for me. My real present will be when hubby comes home! I really miss the crazy guy! And he's only been gone 2 weeks.I can't imagine how the military husband/wives do it. My hat is definately off to them!!!

Memaw
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I got new Nike Shox sneakers that I wanted for the gym... Some new workout pants and shirts... A bath/shower gift set... A digital photo key chain.... and a wonderful time with my family! :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,603 Member
    Options
    We decided years ago not to exchange gifts among adults, and that works well for us. But the kids all get spoiled rotten! (And that works well for us too.)
  • fortiter00
    fortiter00 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    After the main party with the rest of the family, we got a 4 & 6 lb medicine ball (to use with the Power 90 we've been doing), and a biggest loser Wii game (I don't really know anything about that). I haven't been a fan of working out on a game, doesn't seem to get a tough enough workout in, in the same amount of time I can actually go through a routine. Pam said she saw it somewhere and heard good things, so we'll check it out.