I just bought 10 pounds of chicken breast.

Options
Hi!

So the wife and I went to Costco yesterday and purchased a ten pound bag of boneless, skinless chicken breast. Chicken has been a staple of my diet for a while due to its high protein, low cal nutritional profile.

The thing is, I don't really know how to vary the taste of chicken up. I usually throw it in my George Foreman grill, but this is starting to wear a little thin.

Give me your delicious chicken breast recipes. Anything low cal, really. The more flavor the better.

Replies

• chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    One simple thing to do to chicken is mix it with Italian salad dressing and then grill it. Of course, you can try various spice rubs like cumin and chili powder or curry powder and red pepper. Chicken is so versatile.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Spices will become your best friend. Experiment with them. You can marinate chicken. You can cook it in some type of sauce. You can also just throw in a can of cream of chicken soup and simmer it in that. Simple yet delicious. There are endless things you can do with chicken.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to do is go to any store/market that sells spices by the bulk and buy a ton of different spices. I recently bought about 6 or 7 different kinds of rubs and marinades and loved each and every one of them.

Also, another favorite of mine is teriyaki chicken. Marinate the chicken overnight in equal parts shoyu (soy sauce) and sugar (maybe some water too), then cook/boil/grill it in the marinade... you can even make it into a teriyaki sauce by thickening it up a bit with corn starch or flour (I've always used corn starch).

But for a lower cal thing, I just use spices. :)

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Look for sites with crock pot recipes, like Crockin' Girls. You'll find tons of recipes, but you may have to switch out some ingredients. The nice thing is you can throw the frozen chicken and other ingredients in the crock pot before you leave for work and dinner's done when you get home from work. Just remember to add about 2 extra hours to the crock time if the chicken is frozen.
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I like to get dried spices (garlic, basil, rosemary, parsely, ect) and season the chicken with it to taste. Just make sure you're using base spices, not the blends unless you are making sure it's the no sodium & no MSG types. I season the chicken, sprinkle a little parmesan or other cheese on it (very little cheese though) and then bake it in the oven! I serve it with a side of veggies that vary all the time. I suggest green beens with almonds as the best pair!
    I never measure or time how long it cooks because the chicken breasts are never the same size and I season mine and my hubby's differently.
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love Weber Marinade mixes. My favorite is the White Wine and Herb. The directions call for marinating it with EVOO and water.
    I just sprinkle it onto my chicken and throw it on the grill. YUM!
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I grind it myself(cheaper that way) and use it like hamburger. Makes great taco's( with pkg. taco seasoning) also have cut chicken in strips with green peppers and onions saute till tender serve on romaine lettuce leaf or corn tortilla. I just found recipes I liked and replaced the meat for ground chicken.
  • Stir fry it! Chicken stock/stir-fry sauce, chicken breast, peppers, mushrooms, noodles/rice. Works for 2-3 people, tastes amazing.