P90X Plus

Options
Not the new P90X2 but the 5 Workouts/4 DVDs that came out a couple years ago? Has anyone used these and how did the workouts compare to the original ones?

(1) Interval X Plus
(2) Kenpo Cardio Plus
(3) Upper Plus
(4) Total Body Plus
(5) Abs/Core Plus

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    They are ok if your goals are to just kind of work out, try hard and see some ok results.

If you are wanting to step on to a body building stage, or a powerlifting platform, to be a strongman beast, its not the program for you.
  • gilbyfc
    gilbyfc Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like the Interval X Plus cardio workout and I use the Kenpo X Plus cardio. (since my p90x Kenpo skips)

As far as the upper plus and total body, I was a little disappointed. I'd rather do the p90x strength DVD's.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I haven't done them personally, but I heard the new version's workouts are very hard and a little more awkward in terms of the movements you do... so somewhat more embarassing to do them at the gym than the original. I do the original P90X strength workouts with the weights and pull-up bar in my gym, so being able to do them in public without looking like an idiot is somewhat important to me.

If you don't mind looking silly, I've heard they're very good workouts, so go for it!
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm not looking for any bodybuilding or power-lifting workouts. I'm mostly interested in mixing the upper plus, total body, and ab plus into the regular P90X phases for something different. I'm disappointed that you were not happy with them. The reviews I found on Amazon were mixed as well.
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind looking silly, I've heard they're very good workouts, so go for it!
    Hey, I do yoga at home so no one sees me falling on my butt!