New & learning.

Options
Hi I am J.D. I seriously started diet and exercise about a week ago. While I had over time started making better choices food wise I really had not put forth that much effort. I think like a lot of people who come here and read, there seems to be a lot of opinions, misinformation etc to wade through. How much I wish there was some some static numbers I could see and work with.

Anyway I have been pretty much only walking so far. I have a lot of extra time on my hands and good places to walk. I am trying to at least walk an hour a day, some days I go a lot more. I use the endomondo app for the phone, keeps track of most everything for me. Today I did the following nonstop.

7.28 mi walk in 2:31:56
Average speed
2.9 mph
Calories burnt
1,191 kcal

My gross food so far to day is 805 Calories, 24 Fat, 110 Carbs, 31 Protein, 11 Fiber, 723 Sodium

I have dinner later today coming up and I usually eat a little something late at night. I weight 276lbs, 6'0. I have been aiming for
1400 net calories/day not caring if i go over a little (up to 1600) MFP suggests 1800/day for 2lb a week loss. I am thinking by the end of the day my net calories will be quite low.

I am also concerned about how much protein & sodium to be getting, especially on the days where I burn off this many calories.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    The more protein the better, sodium is fine in moderation just drink a lot of water.

If you can do more than walking, do it, don't ever be satisfied.

Take each day at a time, but have some reachable goals. 6month, 1 year, 5 year that sort of thing.

Find a work out routine you like and understand why it is good for your goals and DO IT.