Tattoo or not to tattoo that is the question?

Options
tempest501
tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
I am toying with the idea of getting a tattoo when I reach my body fat target. I have never really wanted to do anything like this before and can't decide and love to know what you guys think and any ideas for something a bit different . I am aiming to get lean and bulk up. At 18% now and aiming for 10-12% and see how I look.

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Get a tattoo because you want a tattoo. You're ultimately the one that's going to have to stare at it for the rest of your life. Or at least know it's on your body. If you've never really thought about it and you can't decide, you might want to reconsider getting something permanent.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i agree with the above ^. tattoos shouldn't be reliant on your body fat percentage (which is bound to change over your life). if you want to get one to celebrate the milestone of how far you've come, that's probably a better reason than just getting down to a certain %. just my $.02. this is a permanent etching on your body. btw, i love tattoos.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Not to tattoo. Just my opinion.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm pro-tattoo, having four myself and wanting more, but if you're in doubt, wait.
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    When (not IF, WHEN!) I reach a size I'm happy with, I'm going to get my highest weight tattooed on my hip. So if in the future a I start getting a little muffin top that tries to hide that number, I'll remember to get back on track so that I can see that number again but also NEVER see that number again ;)
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    You should tattoo abdominal definition on your stomach. That way, it won't matter if you slide in and out of that sweet spot on the BF %.

It would be just like the actors in 300, those dirty cheaters.
  • celb500
    Options
    I have 5 tattoos but you should get one only if it means something and only if you know you're going to love it forever. Every one of mine means something, one is even wonky as hell because the guy made a mess of it but i still love it, it might not be perfect but it means a lot to me for what it represents. Even when the rose I have tattooed on my back become wilted as i sag I know i will still love that it is there because of my beloved Grandma.

Sorry for going on about me but hopefully you can see what I mean by the fact you must love it always because it won't always looks as perfect as it did on the first day you got it :)
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    i agree with the above posters...get a tattoo because you WANT the tattoo, not to celebrate your weight loss... celebrate your weight loss with a cupcake... KIDDING!!

hahah but i understand if its cause you wouldnt want it to stretch or something.

tattoos are awesome though, i've got two :)
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I think if you don't *really* want it, don't do it. It's only going to be worth it if it's something you really want and it's a design you really like.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    When (not IF, WHEN!) I reach a size I'm happy with, I'm going to get my highest weight tattooed on my hip. So if in the future a I start getting a little muffin top that tries to hide that number, I'll remember to get back on track so that I can see that number again but also NEVER see that number again ;)

That is AWESOME.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm tattoo neutral. If it's something original and meaningful (and you have an artist who can execute the design you want) go for it. Another barbed wire bicep........meh.
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am toying with the idea of getting a tattoo when I reach my body fat target. I have never really wanted to do anything like this before and can't decide and love to know what you guys think and any ideas for something a bit different . I am aiming to get lean and bulk up. At 18% now and aiming for 10-12% and see how I look.

I set up and goal and rewards system for weight loss...
    manicure after losing 5 pounds and pedicure after losing 10. and so forth... im at 130lbs and my reward was to get a tattoo.. and i have. granted i cant work out during healing time, but it really feels great that i accomplished another goal. =)
    you dont necessarily have to get one if you dont want too.. but be sure to reward your hard work and a massage or something to make u feel great. =)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    A tattoo is something you should already know that you want. Not something you ask others if you should do.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    As someone who is going for her 15th tattoo in a few days, I say "Go for it!" if you really want it! :tongue:
  • melpop8
    melpop8 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

That is AWESOME.

haha love it!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Simple...if you want it...get it.....
  • spikefoot
    Options
    Yes, a tattoo cause I said so and whenever you look at it remember I said to do it...jk

Go with custom and don't let anything touch your body until it is genuine or your just don't care about the permanent factor... Don't get a cheap one and don't go to an artist that sucks or has disease infested needles.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I say no. I have 4, 2 of them I would have removed, I like the third one, am indifferent to the 4th. If you are asking, the answer is no. If I could go back, I probably would not get any at all.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I was going to but when I researched it I was sure with all my allergies it would be a problem. Make sure you test before you go ahead. http://www.ehow.com/how_2122914_allergy-test-tattoos.html
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    If you liked the concept and the meaning behind having something imprinted on you for the rest of your life, then go ahead! I like tattoos and plan on having at least one.