Ow Ow Owweee Ow

Options
Monday I had my free training session at the gym. Before that it was running (one 5k under belt, another on Sunday) and pushups, crunches, etc. I figured it was time to mix in some weights.

We did an upper body workout of "super sets." I was sore but not ridiculously sore. I did the same on my own this morning but did not think I killed myself. All day since then, I have a hurtful of pain when I straighten my arms - just at the connections of my bicep and forearm muscles to the joint. Have been stretching all day - not unlike sticking your tongue in that sore spot to check to see if it still hurts.

I am sure I didn't permanently harm myself and this is the effect of not doing any heavy lifting for say oh 44 years. That said, if anyone has any good advice on stretching or lifting, I would welcome it.

Thanks
Bill

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Monday I had my free training session at the gym. Before that it was running (one 5k under belt, another on Sunday) and pushups, crunches, etc. I figured it was time to mix in some weights.

We did an upper body workout of "super sets." I was sore but not ridiculously sore. I did the same on my own this morning but did not think I killed myself. All day since then, I have a hurtful of pain when I straighten my arms - just at the connections of my bicep and forearm muscles to the joint. Have been stretching all day - not unlike sticking your tongue in that sore spot to check to see if it still hurts.

I am sure I didn't permanently harm myself and this is the effect of not doing any heavy lifting for say oh 44 years. That said, if anyone has any good advice on stretching or lifting, I would welcome it.

Thanks
    Bill
    Ugh. No advice here. I say just keep trying to stretch it however you're doing it. You just over worked a muscle group you apparently haven't worked in a long time. Be prepared to be sore for a while.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Seriously just stop being a little girl

What is the point of your posts any way? You're very rude and obnoxious for no reason.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Give it at least a few days and you'll feel a lot better. I find doing some light cardio or something can actually help. Moderate use. Nothing's really going to work 100% other than time and rest.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Seriously just stop being a little girl

WTF is the issue?
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Ibuprofen is some good stuff.
  • wfnugent
    wfnugent Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the helpful suggestions.

To those that were not so helpful, I hope get as much as you give. Karma's a *****.