DDR Challenge

Options
Alright, I love Dance Dance Revolution (for those of you who don't know, it's a video game). When I was younger I played DDR every day for hours with my friends in our local arcade. I was sooo thin back then too so I think that might have something to do with it! I'm planning on playing the game for at least 20 minutes everyday and staying at my correct calorie amount. If I play on difficult, I think I can lose some serious weight!

If anyone has the game and wants to join me feel free. Every day I will post how long I danced, my calories for the day, and my weight.

Today:
Morning Weigh-In: 130lb
Calories: 1312 (a little over)
DDR: 25min

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I love ddr. I need to pull it out and get some minutes on it this week.
  • a00link
    Options
    I've always been a Nintendo gamer and they've never really had a 'well-done' DDR game. :( I used to play Stepmania a lot but with the keys of the keyboard, lol.

When I was a freshman in college the local diner joint (way over-priced), had a DDR machine which was the only real reason to go and get over-priced food. Lots of fun. Cartoon Heroes (by Aqua) rocked my DDR world. I loved playing that song. Haven't played real DDR in YEARS sadly. :/ I wish the Wii had a proper DDR game, although... I did just get a 360 for christmas, so perhaps there's one there... I need to investigate that.

Good luck with your plan though. It certainly will prove useful.
  • rhymeswithfox
    rhymeswithfox Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Momma2four: Yeah it's great because you can do it at home and you can do it for just a few minutes if you don't have much time. One of the best exercises in my opinion!

a00link: Good song :D My favorite from all the games I've played is called Speed Over Beethoven.

They have good DDR games for xbox I'm sure. I use the PS2 but I'm positive I've seen them for the xbox.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Okay, I am going to begin my ddr challenge on Monday. My husband makes fun of me when I do the ddr.:laugh: It is all in good fun but he makes me laugh so hard making fun of me, I almost wet my pants.:laugh: Anyways, my 16 yo and 12 yo. girls will probably want to do it too. which is wonderful. I will post on Monday how much I did,
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    My daughter got DDR X as an early Christmas gift, and even though I suck at it, I love doing the workout mode- even if you miss the steps, it gets you huffin and puffin. I don't know if I agree with the number or calories it tells me I burned- it feels like I burn about half what they suggest, but still...a few extra calories burned is a good thing.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I just finished about 20 minutes in workout mode.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Great Job. I love the workout mode, because when I do it on challenge mode it always stops before the song is over:laugh: like you said Brendalee, I could mess up all day long and it will keep going. I use the timer instead of the calories burned, so that I can do a few minutes now, a few later until it adds up to the amount I want.
  • rhymeswithfox
    rhymeswithfox Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I ignore the calorie amount and just time myself to make sure I do as much as I want. Today I did 30 minutes :D Also I ate... a lot.... I need to get better at not eating crap xD
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Briicheese, I need to get on that ddr. I am doing other exercise and find myself just too tired for the ddr. I truely want to get back to it. I did good today though. I did a dvd that was like doing a 5 mile brisk walk and I burned a ton of calories.