Do fats matter as much as calories ?

Options
Today even though i worked out and burned about 512 cals. I ate TOO much fats! Now does it really matter or as long as i worked out out i shouldn't worry? Knowing that i still have 600 cals for today.
I mean usually it's the calories that katter the most, but what about fata, I've always wondered. I know they matter, but as long as i work out is it fine to eat fats or should i still avoid them as much ?

Replies

• clee369
    clee369 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Eating fat=getting fat. Just stay away from that **** and only eat pure calories.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    What is a pure calorie? There are calories from fats, carbs, and proteins.

Fats matter for your health because of how they affect the heart. They matter for your digestion. They are relatively easy to digest but some people have problems with how they affect their bowels. Eating too many fats make me feel nauseous. However, in terms of glycemic load and insulin spikes, fats are less important for weight loss than sugar/carbs are.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Eating fat=getting fat. Just stay away from that **** and only eat pure calories.

lolololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololol
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options

no just stop
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Olive oil and avocados totes made me fat, yo.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Olive oil and avocados totes made me fat, yo.

Oh, salmon, too. And almonds.

Damn fats.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    hahahahaahahahahahaahhaahhaha.....

ahahahahahahaha
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Yes I just pee'd a lil BAWAHAHAHAHA
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    OP: calories are what matter for weight loss. For optimal health, you should try to keep your macros (fat, carbs, protein) right too. The only problem with fat is that it has 9 calories per gram, whereas carbs and protein have 4, so it's easier to use up all your calories on fat.

Anyway that's just for overall... if you're talking about just today, don't even worry about it.