First Week In Low Carb - Upset Stomach

Options
Hi,

Has anyone had any problems with an upset stomach when starting a new diet program? I'm on Day 4 of eating low carb (Protein Power) and my stomach starting getting upset last night. I'm wondering if it's because of all the fruit and vegetables. I've been eating a lot of salad and broccoli. I don't follow the Protein Diet exactly, yet, because I've been eating more than 30 carbs/daily, but around 70-100. Considering I was eating around 400-700 carbs daily, I figure this is a start. I"ve also cut out soda and have lost 6 lbs so far (in 4 days).

Thanks,
Dee

Replies

• kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    dont think its the fruit or veg or even the low carbs its the best diet. i dont agree with protein powders i feel we get what we need naturally but thats me. Im sure your tummy will settle in a day or two.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm wondering if it's because of all the fruit and vegetables. I've been eating a lot of salad and broccoli.

BINGO!

The more fiber-rich foods you eat in its most natural sources, you will definitely get the typical lower gastrointestinal-related bloating...

Exercise and water will definitely help 'move' things better... Your body will need some time to adapt itself to the healthy food choices you are making (bravo by the way!)...

Beano and Gas-X is on the market if it gets painful for you...

Three cheers for rabbit food! LOL!!!!!
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Has anyone had any problems with an upset stomach when starting a new diet program? I'm on Day 4 of eating low carb (Protein Power) and my stomach starting getting upset last night. I'm wondering if it's because of all the fruit and vegetables. I've been eating a lot of salad and broccoli. I don't follow the Protein Diet exactly, yet, because I've been eating more than 30 carbs/daily, but around 70-100. Considering I was eating around 400-700 carbs daily, I figure this is a start. I"ve also cut out soda and have lost 6 lbs so far (in 4 days).

Thanks,
    Dee

protein powder always upsets my stomach for some reason, but i have found that the designer whey brand is a little better on it.