Never knew there was a website...

Options
Hello there world!

I was completely oblivious to the whole website, I've only been using the app. Not that I'm complaining, but it's nice to know just HOW many others are using this!

I guess I should start talking about myself...

I'm 25, a single dad living in Aurora, CO.

I fell out of shape over the last few years, namely after my son was born I gained the "parent" weight of being a homebody. However I am hoping to turn that around actually have clothes and fit me and LOOK good!

I've been doing the South Beach Diet for 5 weeks now, and it's helped me take off almost 15lbs.

Between working full-time and taking care of my son I don't have a whole lot of time to actually go to the gym, and when I DO have the time I'm usually either too tired or just plain lazy. I do, however, try to get in at least a little bit of exercise at night after he falls asleep.

So basically my goal is to be around 171lbs, with 14% BF. Still have quite a bit of work to do.

Thank you all!

-Mr. Andy

Replies

• AliMariesDad
    Options
    Welcome! Finally, another guy! As a fellow dad, I've found that one of the best ways to get extra exercise is by going out doors with my kids and playing games/sports with them. They love it, plus they get quality daddy-time.
    My goal is around the same as yours - trying to get to 170. Still have 18 pounds to go.
    I'll send you a friend request.
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    Welcome aboard, when I joined I was also shocked to see all the activity, it's pretty awesome how many people are doing this. It's so much more motivating. Goodluck on all your future goals.
  • MattPBTX
    MattPBTX Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the above posts. I have been logging what I eat every day for the last 3 weeks and have already noticed a difference. Not only can you really buckle down on what you eat and how much, you can get the support of this awesome community. I was absolutely shocked by the amount of support. As far as excercise goes, just get it in when you can. During their naps, before they wake up, after they are asleep, during your lunch break. ANY amount of excercise is GOOD excercise! Feel free to add me if you would like and best of luck in your goals!