Diet Devotion - March 2nd - March 3rd

Options
march 2
Deuteronomy 31:8
And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.

Sylvia was such a support. She really did know what the other women were going through. Not so long ago, Sylvia had weighed well over two hundred pounds. If anyone had earned the right to speak, it was Sylvia. Somehow it made it easier having someone around who was both sympathetic to the struggle and had been successful. Sylvia was indeed a blessing. It does help to have others around who have been down the road we are walking. These people can be a great source of comfort and courage. Thank God that these examples exist for us to follow. The Lord will not fail us.
Today's thought: I have no fear of failure, for the Lord is with me!

March 3
Matthew 28:20
'teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.' Amen.

A friend of mine fasts regularly, and to my astonishment, he never complains or seems to be the least bit ruffled by the experience. For myself, I find that fasting changes my whole disposition. I asked him his secret once, and he said, 'It's no secret, really. All I do is pretend that the empty feeling in my stomach is really the Holy Spirit moving around, making itself comfortable inside. That way, the gnawing isn't unpleasant but it's quite comforting to think that God is so very close.' I tried to follow my friend's advice, and it has worked wonders for me. Try it today.
Today's thought: I will let my hunger turn my mind to God!

(Not to let this turn into the "fasting debate" again, but God does command us to fast and pray regularly. It's not for the purpose of losing weight, but for the purpose of denying the flesh in order to pray and seek the Lord undistracted. Fasting can be just one meal, one day or one week or even longer, but let that be decided by the Lord. whatever He is calling you to do. Fasting can even be from other things, not just food...you can fast tv or whatever else usually distracts you from seeking the Lord whole-heartedly. anyway...this is just a little side note about fasting)

Replies

• PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    march 2
    Deuteronomy 31:8
    And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.

Sylvia was such a support. She really did know what the other women were going through. Not so long ago, Sylvia had weighed well over two hundred pounds. If anyone had earned the right to speak, it was Sylvia. Somehow it made it easier having someone around who was both sympathetic to the struggle and had been successful. Sylvia was indeed a blessing. It does help to have others around who have been down the road we are walking. These people can be a great source of comfort and courage. Thank God that these examples exist for us to follow. The Lord will not fail us.
    Today's thought: I have no fear of failure, for the Lord is with me!

March 3
    Matthew 28:20
    'teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.' Amen.

A friend of mine fasts regularly, and to my astonishment, he never complains or seems to be the least bit ruffled by the experience. For myself, I find that fasting changes my whole disposition. I asked him his secret once, and he said, 'It's no secret, really. All I do is pretend that the empty feeling in my stomach is really the Holy Spirit moving around, making itself comfortable inside. That way, the gnawing isn't unpleasant but it's quite comforting to think that God is so very close.' I tried to follow my friend's advice, and it has worked wonders for me. Try it today.
    Today's thought: I will let my hunger turn my mind to God!

(Not to let this turn into the "fasting debate" again, but God does command us to fast and pray regularly. It's not for the purpose of losing weight, but for the purpose of denying the flesh in order to pray and seek the Lord undistracted. Fasting can be just one meal, one day or one week or even longer, but let that be decided by the Lord. whatever He is calling you to do. Fasting can even be from other things, not just food...you can fast tv or whatever else usually distracts you from seeking the Lord whole-heartedly. anyway...this is just a little side note about fasting)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Thank you Pammy:happy:
  • babyhippo
    babyhippo Posts: 247
    Options
    :smile: Thanks.
    Can you imagine? Jesus fasted for 40 days. And he was out in the middle of the desert. No TV, books, magazines, MFP support. He had no distractions to take his mind of the hunger. I've felt hungry before. (between lunch and supper) But He would have experienced severe starvation pain, weakness, dizziness........
    Once again, an incredible example of devotion to His mission on earth.