I've got this!

I started using My Fitness Pal about a month and a half ago to help me finally lose weight. I am 23 years old and started out at about 95lbs overweight. I have had a weight issue, steadily getting worse, since I was about 10. I yo-yo'd throughout High School because I was active in sports. Using My Fitness Pal as a starting point has been so useful and encouraging to me so far! I started going public with my progress as well, posting updates to my friends and family via Facebook. With all of the tools provided and the much needed encouragement, I have been making rapid progress!

Well first to be fair, I am a male in my early 20's it's easiest for us to lose weight. At first I just started counting a very low calorie diet, had some trial and error on finding the best calorie amount for myself. Then after a while I stopped counting and only started eating what was healthy and nothing that was not. I eat healthy portions of mostly vegetables, but also many fruits, grains and nuts. I eat small meals throughout the day and never eat late at night. I drink lots of water and almost nothing else except for unsweetened iced tea. I eat no processed sugars and when I eat meat, I eat a very small amount of either grilled chicken or fish.
Just changing my lifestyle in that way alone has made all the difference! And that is what it is! Diets do not work because diets have a mental finish line that you look forward to (which we often see way too far ahead and never meet it). I have lost 31lbs in less than two months without starting to exercise (Which I am now going to start implementing into my routine). I feel great and I'm a third of the way to where I want to be. I love this new life style, after I got used to it, its cheap and easy! I'm never going back!!

Dillon B. (California)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!