Casper & Mariettarose had the best Christmas ever.

Options
CasperO
CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
This was our first Christmas for the new grandson. He's a month old and not a clue, but we enjoyed him so. Last night sorta-daughter-in-law asked if "I would mind" if she and little guy came to church for candlelight service. Wow,,, what do you say to that? She gave me the best Christmas gift ever, and had no idea. "Would I mind?"

End of the service we kill the lights, light candles and form a big circle and sing Silent Night. Everyone says "Get the baby up front,,, take him up front so we can sing to him". Truly beautiful, best Christmas ever. Ever.

Would I mind?... We have a new grandson and a new daughter, and she doesn't even understand it yet.

No,,, we didn't mind. Not one bit. :bigsmile:

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    That is extremely special and touching!

I also love our candlelight service at our church. At the end we all receive candles and then one row of pews at a time go to the front of the church and light the candles and sit them in a wooden cross full of sand. It lights up the church and is absolutely beautiful. We were unable to attend this year because of two sick little girls but that sercive always makes my holiday!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love that! There is nothing that fills my heart with more happiness than watching my Mom and Grandma play with my children. There is no feeling like it!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    That's very touching...I'm glad you guys had such a great holiday. :)
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    God bless you and your family! Merry Christmas to all!
    Hugs!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks Casper:cry:

:heart: Would you MIND??

You were able to share your love and His love...............no, you didn't mind!!

God Bless you and Ms Mariettarose!! (or grandpa and grandma...teehee!)
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the best gift ever. I'm so glad you had a good Christmas!