Hate New Shakeology version, any recommendations what to add

Options
I absolutely loved the original shakeology formula, the new one is just disgusting, chalky and tastes like bad medicine.
Any ideas of what low cal stuff I can add into it to make it taste better? Right now it's unbearable...

Replies

• MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    gawd... its soooo gross...I can't stand it, leaves the worst pukey taste in my mouth....I am literally chugging it to avoid tasting it....
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much help I will be since I started with the new formula. I like mine with banana and almond milk (or water). I have taken to adding Torani Sugar Free Vanilla syrup when I do that. Sweetens it up a little. I've done the almond milk and coconut water, almond extract, and coconut flakes. Mint extract. Frozen strawberries. Frozen raspberries (I don't like those with any chocolate shake so this was an expected disappointment). I am going to be buying Torani Sugar Free Salted Caramel and the Coconut syrups when I get back to World Market. I know it probably sucks to be stuck experimenting, but keep trying new things! I think I love the results too much to give up Shakeology. But not brave enough to try an unknown flavor like Greenberry lol.
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it either and I'm looking for suggestions. I've tried adding vanilla extract, but it doesn't help. The only thing that makes it a bit more tolerable to me is adding extra natural peanut butter. I don't need the extra calories, so I'm not doing that. I've been drinking it for about 4 months now and I canceled my auto-ship due to the after taste. I really liked the old one and understand why they made the change, but it just isn't for me any longer.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loved the original shakeology formula, the new one is just disgusting, chalky and tastes like bad medicine.
    Any ideas of what low cal stuff I can add into it to make it taste better? Right now it's unbearable...

Thought they advertise a bottom of the bag guarantee, get your money back and actually buy a half decent protein powder/multi etc if that is what you're looking for. Shakeology is avg at best in terms of product
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Why DID they change it? I've tried a few different powders since I quit taking shakeology in June but nothing kills my cravings like that did, so u can no longer order the original?
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is actually the third change they have made... so depending on when you started drinking it is VERY different. I use the new vegan chocolate with 12oz almond milk, chocolate whey protein powder, and vibrant green. Tastes good to me.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I tried adding bunch of different things, none of them helped, just made it harder to drink. I am returning it, it tasted good up till now, I wish they at least offered the old version :(
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've been changing my ingredients and think I came up with something - I used 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk, 1/4 cup water, 1 scant teaspoon almond extract and 3/4 tablespoon natural peanut butter. It came out pretty good. I typically buy Trader Joe's almond milk but this time I used Almond Breeze.

This was tolerable, but not as good as the original formula.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you what to add but I can tell you what to elminate. Shakeology. Overpriced, underdelivers on value and nutrition and now tasted bad. Why try to doctor it?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I can fix this. I'm assuming you have a blender? Gather these ingredients: Shakeology Mix, 1 banana, 2 scoops whey protein isolate, 3/4 cup Bran Flakes, 16oz water, two tablespoons of brown sugar or honey if you prefer.

1. Pour the water into the blender.
    2. Now add the banana, whey protein, cereal and honey one at a time.
    3. Blend till smooth.
    4. Now take the Shakeology and throw it in the trash can.
    5. Pour blended mix into glass. Enjoy.

All fixed. Enjoy the $$$ savings. The better taste is a bonus.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I can fix this. I'm assuming you have a blender? Gather these ingredients: Shakeology Mix, 1 banana, 2 scoops whey protein isolate, 3/4 cup Bran Flakes, 16oz water, two tablespoons of brown sugar or honey if you prefer.

3. Blend till smooth.

Awesome!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

3. Blend till smooth.

I was simply going to say "food" but this is an excellent response!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

3. Blend till smooth.

Boom!
  • ceajules
    Options
    I went Vegan also