Slim Quick or Ali

Options
Has anyone tried slim quick or Ali, I know they are two totally different items, I was just wondering how anyone else felt using them.

Replies

• heather817
    Options
    I've used the slimquick powder appetite control for 7 weeks and think its okay. but at $20 a box per week its pretty pricey. i also use the slimquick weight loss pills every day, still $20 a bottle but lasts about a month. both work okay. but its also about watching what you eat and exercising.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I have used the alli and at first i thought it was great. But then i found mfp and realized i was doing just as good just watching cals and exercising. So i stopped taking them. Alli is sooo expensive. , i actually stopped it and still have over 1/2 a bottle because I felt i dealt better.
  • ks2001
    ks2001 Posts: 40
    Options
    I use Alli but they are really just a small part of the process. My first thing is eating right, then incorporating exercise, and if there is some fat in my food, I pop an Alli in the hopes that it helps at least a little. Definitely not a bad product, but I think of it just as a little bonus to my overall change of habits.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have tried just about every diet aid that's out there and the only one that actually helped me was the xedadrene back a few years ago i lost 40 pound ion like 6 months, they quit putting it on the shelf with effedra , I gained my weight back and then some, now i have found MFP and this web site awesome and helps MFP
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Alli does help to eliminate some of the fat out of your diet but 1) your body NEEDS fat, proper healthy eating and excersize are cruical to weightloss as well as healthy fats. I'd let your body do its job and process the fats naturally because when you start messing with diet pills no matter how physically safe or not your metabolism gets all out of whack and it can mess you up
    for a long time to come.

If you are making proper healthy eating choices, excersizing, and still not losing weight I would first reach for help with a nutritionist or if you can't afford one there are same great resources on here to make sure your fat, carbs, excersize are all in line and your eating enough to fuel your body. If your doing everything right and still seeing no results for more than 3-6 months thats when you should make an appointment with your doctor and find out whats going on. You could have an underlying medical problem with your thyroid or something else going on. In some cases your doctor may prescribe you something to help supplement your diet too but 98% of the time you can lose weight and get healthy without a pill. Appetite control is probably the hardest thing their is but after the first 2 weeks it does get easier.