The Holidays are hard..but we are strong!

Options
It seems like the cards were stacked against me this holiday season. First I got a head cold/sore throat. I didn't work out for about two weeks because I couldn't breathe and didn't have the energy to do so. Then came Christmas. I've been very good about bringing my food to work and not eating holiday treats. I don't really care who I offend by not eating their treats. My health is more important to me than their need for me to try their latest creations. I figure my real friends will understand and support me. Right now we are in the middle of the worst blizzard in about 13 years in our city. I haven't left my house since Thursday and it's not looking good that we'll go anywhere yet this weekend. (17" so far and drifts about 6' high in places around my home) Yesterday I caved to some holiday goodies that were brought over on Christmas eve. The last time I worked out was Monday this week. I've just been so lazy these last few days and it's kind of been good for my soul I must admit. So this morning, I kicked myself in the but and made myself do something. I have lots of options for exercise here at home...elliptical, bowflex, step aerobics, etc. The least evil I could think of was my Wii Fit. I dusted it off and gave it a try. I was on it for 1 hour and 43 minutes according to my Polar HRM. I burned 190 calories. I'm going to start tracking calories again today and slowly build up my exercising habits again. I have managed not to gain any weight during this holiday season so far. I haven't made progress and lost weight like I've hoped but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'm about 15 lbs away from my next goal. I just want to say to all of you MFP people out there, thank you for your support this past year. I can't believe how awesome it is to have support and you always have advice for me when I need it most. You are the people who understand exactly what I am going through when I face problems along each path of this journey. Merry Christmas and a very healthy, happy new year to all of you!

Replies

• barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hang in there baby! I Feel Your pain Sistah! I had a LOUSY holiday last year.......
    Snowed in for a week at home, my man snowed in somewhere else.
    YUCK... it was bad.... I basically laid around feeling like poop.
    I had just started seriously working out in Nov. too so all that was put on hold.

THIS YEAR: weather is sunny, cold & clear, yay!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
    I'm enjoying some treats, off my usual workout routines but still getting out for walks etc.
    You're lucky to have so much equipment to use!!!! :love: :flowerforyou:

Be kind to yourself.... you've come a long way already!
    It's OK to relax a little bit & enjoy the Holidaze..........
    Then we get back on the horse in January and RIDE!!! Giddy UP!!!! :love: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :bigsmile: