and it goes round and round...Small NSV

Options
I have been overweight since before my hubby bought me an upgrade ring several years ago.:love: It always fit (was never tight). I have been doing MFP for about a month and have noticed some small differences. I lost 3 inches in my waist, and my ring now goes round and round my finger! Have others noticed that also that their rings no longer fit well??

Replies

• sam_gamgee
    sam_gamgee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yep - I haven't worn my wedding ring for a few months because I don't want to lose it. One of my rewards for hitting my goal weight will be to have it resized (not much point until then in case my finger's still shrinking). :-)
  • jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Is it weird that I am looking forward to that happening to me? My ring fits too but can't wait til it spins round too!!!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I ended up wearing asmaller rign just to hold my wedding ring on. Love that NSV!
  • remaho80
    remaho80 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I had to transfer mine to my right hand until I get it sized. I have super skinny fingers as it is, so I didn't expect to get any smaller! Still a great feeling though. ????
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wear your wedding ring still but wear another ring on top (above the wedding ring on your finger) so it doesn't come off.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    It's a great feeling, albeit an expensive one LOL

I had my wedding bands resized UP as I gained weight, now I've lost so much weight they literally fall off my finger if I'm not careful.

The gold is fragile though, from the previous resizing, and you can see tiny cracks appearing, so I'm not sure whether a resize down will be possible yet.

Well done!
  • hbaby2
    hbaby2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Looks like you need another "upgrade!". :)))
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    yup...my wedding ring is currently stored in its little box until I size it. I am waiting because it is an eternity band with in-laid diamonds and I only want to have it sized once. Great job!
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It has been years since I have been able to remove my wedding ring as it was stuck in a groove on my ring finger. I can take it off now. :happy:
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    LOL nobody else goes old school and wraps yarn around it???? That is what we used as a "sizer" back in the day!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn my rings in 10 years, but my husband always did ...... well, he's dropped 40 lbs ..... last summer he lost his wedding ring & we searched the garbage, the garden .... and he found it under his pillow ......

But he never got it resized ...... two weeks ago he went white-water rafting with the cousins ..... this time he lost it for good :laugh:
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I just recently bought a cheap sterling silver band to hold my ring's place until I'm ready to get it re-sized!
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    just an idea for those that CANT wear them right now. Get a ribbon in the same color as your wedding colors, and use that to make a necklace, string your rings on that, and wear them. This is better than a gold chain for ONE reason: a gold chain and your ring an scratch against each other, and leave marks... Ribbon won't. You'll have to replace it every few months, but meh. (Don't get wired ribbon)
  • Sissy1074
    Sissy1074 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a simple gold band that is very loose on my finger....I almost lost it in the pool yesterday... I will get it re-sized when I get to my goal weight!
  • jesekelynne
    Options
    I'm so glad we have all shared or at least look forward to sharing this NSV! I thought about the tying the string/yarn thing. I put my band from my original set in front of the big one so it wouldn't fall off...I do like the idea of haivng another upgrade!! HMMMM maybe I should give you Hubby's email! LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!