wii fit plus

Options
my kids bought me a wii fit plus for Christmas. does anyone have any tips on how i can make this thing work for me?

Replies

• ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I have had the wii fit and board for about 5 months...I found it was mostly for playing games etc. I used my heart rate monitor and after about an hour I had burned 100 calories which isn't bad for having fun.

My husband got me the fit plus game for christmas and it is fun, but what he got me instead that has been fun and gets me sweating is "Just Dance" it keeps you moving for 2-3 minutes at a time.

I like the wii fit games, but they don't get my heart rate up high, BUT nothing like having fun and burning calories at the same time...better than sitting on the couch for sure.

Have fun.
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I love my wii fit plus! I haven't had much time to play it since my boyfriend got an xbox for Christmas and is a total TV hog! lol
    Whoever posted above me is right its hard to get your heart rate up but if you set a fitness work out in the new plus features it is great. There are times I've been hella sore from it. Especially the jack-knife excercise...
    Its also great at tracking your progress with new features like the measurement tab on the graph. it makes me accountable making sure i know if i haven't been on it for a day. Even if i just do a body test then work out with my dvds or something. There are still kinks but I think the game is coming along nicely. definately better than nothing and very enjoyable. the yoga is my fav.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I have the wii fit and the wii fit plus. Once you are able to unlock everything it is nice. Wii fit plus allows you to combine things and go continuously for whatever time you choose. It is a combination of yoga, strength, and cardio. I've done it for 30 mins and got a real good workout. I get a good workout doing the hula hoop and rhythm boxing. I recently started playing the one with parade where you have to march and move the remote to the beat. That works really well on my coordination, which I have little of!
    The downfall (but not bad) is that the calorie count is off, of course it is an estimate, I wear my HRM each time, and I burn at least a good 15-20 calories per exercise more than what it says. I hope you enjoy!