Help with HRM

Options
I got a Sportline S12 HRM for Christmas. It didn't come with much more instructions than on how to set it up. So I was wondering how I calculate my calories burned (it said I was in my target zone during my workout). It has calories burned for a built in pedometer. I had the ped turned on during my wii workout, since I do a lot of the rhythm/step stuff. Can anyone tell me how to read the calories burned on my watch. When it's not in use, it's at 0:00.00
I just finished the rhythm step, and it reads 0:004.09
I was wondering if that's 40.9 calories, because the wii said 35 cals, so that would be pretty close. I don't think I would be dripping sweat after doing rhythm boxing 4 times in a row & only have burned 10 calories if the watch is at 0:10.00
In my head it would stand to reason that it would read thousands, then hundreds, then tens, then ones, but I'm afraid I'm trying to justify all my hard work and the wii & HRM being very different.
Am I making any sense or just rambling?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I did want to mention that I already set it up yesterday, just need help figuring out calories burned.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    K, now I'm completely confused. I kept an eye on the thing that has Cal on it and it was ticking off like a stop watch, but in the lower corner it says 148, which is half of what the Wii says. So I'm wondering if the number in the lower corner is the cals it's burning, but you'd think it would burn more than that after 3,000 steps/movements.
    On my old pedometer, I would burn 250 cals walking a mile, and the ped on here says I went 1.5 miles.
    I hate that the manual doesn't tell you how to calculate your calories on this thing!