Ladies: "that time of the month" and Weight Gain. Thoughts?

Options
So just as I am feeling like maybe I am starting to go down after a stubborn spike continues, I shot right back up again. According to this site, bas ed on how I am eating and all, I should be losing some serious pounds. Instead I keep yoyoing around the same three pound area (126.8-129.8). I don't know what to do anymore. It's like my body just won't let me lose weight. Like Tim Allen in The Santa Claus when he couldn't stop gaining weight or growing facial hair. He'd shave and it'd grow right back. That's how this feels!

My projected start date for my period is 7 days, but even back when it was 13 days away I started putting the blame on PMS and water retention. Am I trying too hard to justify why I am not going down more? Is it normal to start retaining that far in advance?

I'd love some thoughts on this. I know my hormones fluctuate quite a bit so I attribute much of my stubborn weight issues on that. I also try to reason with myself that I've built muscle in my legs doing the elliptical and running so while my scale hasn't gone down much, maybe it would be 3-4 pounds lighter if I had lost weight without building muscle. I don't know.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're trying too hard to justify your yo-yoing weight. I start PMSing 7 days or more before I start, I always have. Some people would argue "No, that's too far in advanced!" I'd just tell them they should be glad they were only getting my mood swings instead of experiencing my cramps.