Does anyone remember Dave?

Options
BrendaLee
BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
I remember when I first found MFP, the posts I had come across were about some guy named Dave leaving, and there seemed to be a lot of drama surrounding it. I'm kind of curious what that was all about if anyone remembers? lol

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I stay out of the drama but i remember him too!

~Leash :heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Dave was not known for his diplomacy. I can't recall the specifics, but his lack of tact got him into enough trouble that as a result, he got invited to not let the door hit him on the way out.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Bahaha I sure do! And I miss his smart @ss, non-sugar coated posts! He just told it like it was, regardless of people's feelings or what was politically correct. He made people mad and hurt their feelings, so he was banned. I quite enjoyed reading his posts, but then again I was never at the receiving end of any of his remarks...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    Dave was very well informed. He knew a lot about nutrition and weight loss and shared freely. I learned a lot from him, but............as others have said, he was not as diplomatic as some people wanted him to be.........he cared more about helping people lose weight than he did about whether he hurt their feelings.

When someone said "Good luck", he reminded us that losing weight has nothing to do with luck, it has to do with how you eat and how you exercise.

When someone said "you can always start over tomorrow", he suggested that you don't have to wait until tomorrow, that you can start over right this minute
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Dave was not known for his diplomacy. I can't recall the specifics, but his lack of tact got him into enough trouble that as a result, he got invited to not let the door hit him on the way out.

I love your way with words :wink:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Dave's alive and well-- I'm friends with him on Facebook. He still calls it like he sees it, and is continuously concerned with the betterment of himself and others--

All in all-- he's one of the good guys. He got railroaded here by super-sensitive people-- it was rotten.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    Dave's alive and well-- I'm friends with him on Facebook. He still calls it like he sees it, and is continuously concerned with the betterment of himself and others--

All in all-- he's one of the good guys. He got railroaded here by super-sensitive people-- it was rotten.

Marla, tell Dave that at least one person really misses him on MFP.........I'm glad to know that you're in touch with him.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

I'm friends with him there too..woo..I'm in with the in crowd!! :laugh: :drinker: :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options

I'm friends with him there too..woo..I'm in with the in crowd!! :laugh: :drinker: :wink:

Heck yeah, Tami-- all the cool people are friends with me. :wink:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    When someone said "you can always start over tomorrow", he suggested that you don't have to wait until tomorrow, that you can start over right this minute

That was my favorite Dave-ism.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options

Not a member of the in crowd Tam ..LOL :tongue:
    BUT I remember Dave and it was B/S that he got kicked off....super sensitive people complaining like babies ....that about sums it up
    He just told it like it is
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Dave and I had a love hate relationship. He didn't really use a lot of tact when he posted so some people got a little irritated about it. :) He was fun to watch when he got people all riled up though......
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    To be honest, sometimes I don't feel like being all that tactful. He probably kept things interesting.
  • Marla64
    Options
    To be honest, sometimes I don't feel like being all that tactful. He probably kept things interesting.

Now, there's an understatement-- :laugh:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I remember him!!! I liked him! :happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Dave was a good guy. And he had some good things to say. Then again, he had some bad things to say too. I am not of the camp that he was railroaded out of here. He never bothered me, but he was given MANY chances to curb his comments and he never did. That was his choice to make, he knew what would happen if he didn't tone down his comments.

Hey, there's plenty of things I would like to say on here too, some of which would mirror Dave's comments, but sometimes you have to edit your comments for public consumption if you want to play the game.

Hell, I'd like to tell my brother that his weight is KILLING him and his current (copious) medical issues are his own doing, but you know what? Sometimes you have to realize that words can be hurtful (he knows, words would be nothing more than a lecture). I used to think that was a load of garbage, but I SEE what words from my wife's mother have done to her, and I've revised my thinking on that. Words CAN be profound, and as an adult, sometimes you need to take into account other people's feeling before you express them. Dave was a good person, but sometimes he was a tad too harsh.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    I remember a post where someone had a message from Dave explaining that he wasn't banned or kicked off, he was just sick of the drama, of the same topics/questions coming up over and over and over and people complaining, so he deleted his account. I remember him just a bit, but I started right before he left.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I remember a post where someone had a message from Dave explaining that he wasn't banned or kicked off, he was just sick of the drama, of the same topics/questions coming up over and over and over and people complaining, so he deleted his account. I remember him just a bit, but I started right before he left.

I thought the post I read back in the summer said something about him deleting his account- and some girl was deleting her account as well.
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Bahaha I sure do! And I miss his smart @ss, non-sugar coated posts! He just told it like it was, regardless of people's feelings or what was politically correct.

I agree. BTW, you're hot.

Easy Big fella.

:laugh: