Starting again, again......

mizphit
mizphit Posts: 36 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I'm new here---sort of. I started here last June but haven't really been on the site since about September or so? (There's been some cool changes I see!) Anyway, I need to do this and need all the support I can get. Almost exactly 2 years ago I started building myself a healthier life and within 7 months managed to get myself down to within 10 pounds of my ideal weight. I felt like i was on top of the world!!

But, here I am again after I gained back everything :embarassed: and need to find that spot again. I'm looking at the first time around as a practice run and am ready to give myself a good run for my money---well I guess that statement doesn't fit well since the site is free, but you know what I mean.

About six weeks ago my doctor put me on blood pressure meds and I'm not sure they're working. I have a follow up on January 7th. I also have high cholesterol and heart disease runs in our family (my father passed suddenly at age 50 and his brother at 48). I also have many people in my life that have medical issues that really depend on me so I need to learn to put myself first so I can be sure to be here for them. I have a very difficult time doing that. I try real hard, but it doesn't seem to be working....:grumble:

I look forward to getting to know all of you and really look foward to some helpful 'support swapping'. It's nice to know the journey doesn't have to be a lonely one. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Hi and welcome! I've only been using the site a couple months but so far I'm enjoying it and staying committed. At first I was worried it would be a short lived experience, but when my 10 year old daughter said "I'm so happy to know what a serving size is!" I was hooked. Sounds a little silly, but how sad it is that she NO idea! She's also been very eager to learn more about healthy cooking and eating. She loves to cook.

You've made the right choice by coming back. Be strong! :flowerforyou:

Jan

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • I understand where you are coming from..I joined weight watchers last year and lost a good deal of weight and then gained it all back and then some when I went through a few set backs. Then I joined this site a few months ago and was doing good and the holidays creep up and now I'm sitting and looking at my pictures I just took and I'm thinking wow....
    That can't be me but it is and I know I have to get set on getting this weight off and keep it off so I can hopefully enjoy a long life with my wonderful kids and family! I too like you have a long family history of medical problems and I know what the outcome is if I dont take charge. I am willing to do what I can as a support buddy... Good Luck on your journey!

Tiffany White
    (Alabama)
  • mizphit
    mizphit Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome Tiffany and Jan! I'm looking forward to getting myself back on a healthy schedule and feeling the positive effects again! I guess I better nose around a bit and find some place to get comfortable here. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do!!

I just know that 2010 will be the year for me to succeed!! Especially with all the great support here!!!
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Welcome back! I have been back here so many times because I have given up. I am committed to sticking to it this time, though. I am a paraprofessional and loving my job, but over the past few months I have been asked 3 times if I am pregnant, which I am not. I take it with a grain of salt, but got a wii system for Christms and ordered wii Fit Plus. I am loving it. So now I am back.

I understand the need for support. We can do this together! We will be lookin' good in 2010! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.