1 (16 ounce) can canned chili beans
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions

Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion, and cook until tender.

Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, pinto and chili beans, and garlic. Season chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, jalapeño and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.

Servings Per Recipe: 8

Amount Per Serving
Calories: 185
Total Fat: 6.1g
Cholesterol: 42mg
Sodium: 450mg
Total Carbs: 18.8g
Dietary Fiber: 6.4g
Protein: 16.4g

Replies

• 2012Brenda
    Options
    This is perfect. Have ground turkey already thawed and wondering what to do with it. Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This is perfect. Have ground turkey already thawed and wondering what to do with it. Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:

No Problem I hope you enjoy it. You can also tweak it to your like... add or change it around. You and your family will enjoy it. Have fun and Happy workout!
  • JLove2Zumba
    Options
    Is this a 4 serving recipe?
  • eecruzmd
    Options

It is 8 servings. I just edited the post with the nutritional content :)
  • JoanneStone
    JoanneStone Posts: 135 Member
    Options

It's says 8 servings, I'm wondering 1/2 cup or 1 cup servings. Sounds delicious, especially with the cooler weather coming!
  • eecruzmd
    Options

It's says 8 servings, I'm wondering 1/2 cup or 1 cup servings. Sounds delicious, especially with the cooler weather coming!

1 cup serving
  • bmrsnrgirl
    Options
    Sounds delicious. Heading to the store now for the makings. Thanks so much for sharing!
  • ashleybr1980
    ashleybr1980 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this! hubby and I were just talking about looking for a recipe and bam, I see it on here. excited to try it out this weekend.:smile:
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Looks almost exactly like my Turkey Chili. I skip the salt and pepper, though. I use only black beans instead, and add some cayenne pepper and Dave's Insanity Sauce, for a little extra oomph. Instead of water I use beer. Then I add some BBQ sauce to cut some of the acid from the tomatos. Ends up a little higher in calories, about 230/serving. I looooooooove chili!
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I just made turkey chili on Sunday! I like to add diced red and green bell peppers and carrots. Ups the vitamin A and C by A LOT!
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Looks good. I like to use 1lb of lean ground meat and 1 lb of venison chili meat...pinto beans and red beans, cayenne pepper, a pinch of cinnamon and a little bit of mustard.
  • Cara85K
    Cara85K Posts: 122
    Options
    bump
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    bump! :)
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    This sounds great. I would totally add the raw veggies while the meat browns, though, so that it can soak up some of their flavors and nutrients. I'm going to have to try this for sure though. Thanks!
  • newnhealthierme2011
    Options
    bump!! will definetly try...
  • eecruzmd
    Options
    Looks almost exactly like my Turkey Chili. I skip the salt and pepper, though. I use only black beans instead, and add some cayenne pepper and Dave's Insanity Sauce, for a little extra oomph. Instead of water I use beer. Then I add some BBQ sauce to cut some of the acid from the tomatos. Ends up a little higher in calories, about 230/serving. I looooooooove chili!

Like I've said before you can always tweak it to your liking... the secret is all in the way you make it, just keep it safe and low carb :D

Enjoy it!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    saved! thx!