HRM monitor?

Options
Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions as which one to buy for a beginner? I've never had one but considering it! No idea where to even start. My budget isnt high but would rather have something reliable (within possible reason obviously) than have one which is a waste of time.

Replies

• LoriWilkinson548
    Options
    I bought one from Amazon.com - a Oregon Scientific SE331 Gaiam Trainer HRM. I love it! It cost $20 plus shipping - if you bought it from Oregon Scientific directly it would be $99. I find the HRM to be more accurate with calories burned than using MFP.
  • supersmiles11
    supersmiles11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lori. I'll have a look. Appreciate the reply :-)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Get a Polar FT4. You can get one for around $60 and it includes a chest strap monitor that talks to your watch and works with most cardio equipment at gyms.
  • YRocco
    Options
    I bought my Polar Ft40F Women's Heart Rate Monitor Watch off Amazon for $110 in March and love it. I think the Polar FT4 would be perfect for you if you are just wanting to track how many calories you burn when you exercise.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4!! Love mine!!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have a FT4, and I love it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Get a Polar FT4. You can get one for around $60 and it includes a chest strap monitor that talks to your watch and works with most cardio equipment at gyms.

^This! Whatever brand (love my Polar) ...... You want a HRM with a chest strap. Wrist (only) type models measure your heart rate once in awhile. as opposed to chest straps models that measure it constantly
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i just ordered one off Amazon, i hope it's a good one. tired of the crappy one I have.
  • Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions as which one to buy for a beginner? I've never had one but considering it! No idea where to even start. My budget isnt high but would rather have something reliable (within possible reason obviously) than have one which is a waste of time.

I use a Polar FT4. You can purchase it for about $60. It includes a chest strap. Works great.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    POLAR FT7.........best
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I've had a few different ones, but got a Polar this last time and will never get a different brand....
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Recently purchased a Polar FT7(I bought the black/silver mens watch for the colors). Love it! I was so underestimating my workouts! It's easy to use/figure out. I would assume the FT4 would be just as easy to use. It really makes me want to push harder and go longer.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT-7. Really like it, works great, easy to use and very accurate.
  • supersmiles11
    supersmiles11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thankyou to everyone who has responded! I'm off to price one now :-)