Insanity and Weight Lifting

Options
I have completed 1 full round of Insanity, 1 round of Asylum and 1 round of Insanity/Asylum hybrid. I purchased the deluxe version of Insanity which came with an upper body weight training video. Also in Asylum they have a video strength to incorporate weights into the training.

At this point I am not following any specific program but doing a video from one of the workouts daily and I try to incorporate weights at least once a week into my routine. The weight training video hit all of the major areas bis, tris, shoulders, back and chest.

My question is; at some point will I plateau repeating these programs? I do try to increase weight now and then but should I be looking at doing different lifting moves than what the video offers? Does repeating the same moves not produce results after a while?

Don’t get me wrong, I have seen great results already, but I want to make sure the results continue and not plateau as I said.

Thoughts everyone…..

Replies

• patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Bump....anyone?!?!?
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Have you changed the amount of weight you're lifting? I've increased the weights and am seeing good results. Another way of varying the Asylum strength workout is to use the bands rather than the weights. I get what you mean in terms of shaking things up. You can always look into incorporating P90X into your rotation for variety.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I am increasing weights as much as I can. But I wasn't sure if repeating the same routines will eventually not produce results....