I Actually Gained Weight.. How!?

Options
2»

Replies

• Anumie23
    Anumie23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had the same exact experience this week. Weighing in after the holidays had me 1lb higher than I wan last week. I got really discouraged to start seeing the scale going back the other way. It's just fear talking usually. We all know how the human body works and as long as we keep at it and keep our spirits up we will succeed. Picture yourself at the weight that you want to be, doing all the things you want to do and keep it as your focus to get you through these hard times.

I usually look at a pic of Beyonce, lol. She's so freaking gorgeous I work ten times harder to get those curves!
  • OpalFruitJam
    OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ok, I couldn't help it! I jumped on the scales this morning and it said I had lost 5lbs. Something odd is going on with these weird things! Not sure whether to believe it or not and log it... or just accept the scales are loony and ignore! xx
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Ok, I couldn't help it! I jumped on the scales this morning and it said I had lost 5lbs. Something odd is going on with these weird things! Not sure whether to believe it or not and log it... or just accept the scales are loony and ignore! xx
    Sounds like water retention to me. You can gain or lose up to 5 pounds due to water weight. Some people are more susceptible than others.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I weighed again, moving the scales to a different part of the kitchen. With this weigh-in, it stated I had lost 3lb. I am confused, what should I go with? The heavier reading r the lighter reading? :S Thanks! :)

Best to weigh yourself at the same place each time as the surface condition makes a difference (weighing on a carpet vs cement, vs tile) weigh yourself at the same time, and remember that the scale shouldn't be what you look at the check for progress. Muscle weighs more than fat so you may actually be doing really well! Try measuring you're body with a measuring tape every week or two weeks along with weighing yourself and see if that helps!