How to start over again

Options
Hi All,

So I'm back to MFP for the bajillionth time. I have noticed a pattern in my behavior towards approaching weight loss. I am very motivated and dedicated for 2 weeks. Then by the 3rd week, I don't notice any changes---and this is after I've had a smoothie (just fruit and yogurt) every day for breakfast, worked out 3 times a week, and had salads for lunch most days. I lose motivation and get frustrated/angry at my body and myself by then. Then I go back to eating whatever and not counting calories for a month or two, then get back on the band wagon here at MFP and round and round I go.

Does anyone have any advice/similar experiences? How do I remain dedicated to get through this and break this cycle?
I was hoping to lose some weight before a wedding next weekend, but I don't think it's going to happen....... :( I'll feel bad about myself in a dress that's far too small.

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    All I hear is blah blah I try so hard..

Truth is you never begun .. Its a journey and you only stepped off your porch and haven't left your yard.....

SO my question to you is .. How bad do you want it ?

Because if you want it you will step out of your comfort zone and get a little uncomfortable.. When you are uncomfortable you will see change..

You need to change your mind before your body will change.... because the old ways you are sticking too aren't working..

No one said this was easy... NOTHING worth doing is easy, and you just want to stay where is warm comfortable and safe, and in the here and now it sounds good but the truth is there is this thing inside of you right now thats wanting to get it... It saying free me let me out, let me show you what I am capable of... Sadly you just cover it up.. You know what that thing is?

Its YOU .. Its the real you wanting to get out trapped in this cell of bad choices, lack of confidence, and laziness.

SO... How bad do you want it ? You need to spend a little mirror time with yourself.. You need to look your self right in the eye and say I am going to do this... I am no going to quit, I will be the person I want to be.. and then go out and be great.. Not tomorrow, not after the weekend.. but make the choice NOW.....

Or you can sit here and ask for advice on how to get motivated, but the truth is only you can truly motivate you .. I could get some awesome motivation music and a microphone, and follow you around daily, but you have to get off that couch , you have to get out of that computer chair, you have to decide I can do this ... No .. I WILL do this and then step off that lawn and start down the path to being great...

So how bad do you want it?

You need to decide........................
  • christinastokes3
    christinastokes3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ^^^ LOVE WHAT HE SAID^^^!!
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    ^^^ME TOOOO!!!!!^^^^^
  • askcupid117
    askcupid117 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow! What he said was great! I feel motivated now. You should really be a motivational speaker man if you arent already. You missed your calling.
  • kerriann4
    kerriann4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yeah, he's pretty awesome!!
  • MTBrob
    Options
    Yeah, he's pretty awesome!!

:heart:
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Can't add much more to that!!!!

You need to want it and realize its a long journey. You didn't gain over night and you will not lose overnight.

Take charge and go for it.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Takes more then 3 work outs a week to see results. If I don't do something DAILY I backslide.
  • okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Truth is you never begun .. Its a journey and you only stepped off your porch and haven't left your yard.....

Because if you want it you will step out of your comfort zone and get a little uncomfortable.. When you are uncomfortable you will see change..

You need to change your mind before your body will change.... because the old ways you are sticking too aren't working..

No one said this was easy... NOTHING worth doing is easy, and you just want to stay where is warm comfortable and safe, and in the here and now it sounds good but the truth is there is this thing inside of you right now thats wanting to get it... It saying free me let me out, let me show you what I am capable of... Sadly you just cover it up.. You know what that thing is?

Its YOU .. Its the real you wanting to get out trapped in this cell of bad choices, lack of confidence, and laziness.

SO... How bad do you want it ? You need to spend a little mirror time with yourself.. You need to look your self right in the eye and say I am going to do this... I am no going to quit, I will be the person I want to be.. and then go out and be great.. Not tomorrow, not after the weekend.. but make the choice NOW.....

Or you can sit here and ask for advice on how to get motivated, but the truth is only you can truly motivate you .. I could get some awesome motivation music and a microphone, and follow you around daily, but you have to get off that couch , you have to get out of that computer chair, you have to decide I can do this ... No .. I WILL do this and then step off that lawn and start down the path to being great...

to the OP...i toally "get" what you're saying and how you're feeling, i have been doing the same thing for over a year now, am angry at myself for not just "doing it" i've done it before so i know i can, i have spent most of today trying to figure out where my issues lie and having read this reply ^^^^^^^^ i can honestly say this is the possibly the BEST thing i've read in a long time.....it may not be easy to digest right now, but its all true, you dont need much more than this and your own reasons as to why it should be done....i know my butt has been well and truly kicked into gear lol...
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options

Wow! Amazing words! If that isn't the push OP needs, I don't know what will be.

To the OP, the key is is to focus on the changes you are making, not the results you are seeing. If the changes you are making are healthy then you need to keep up with them. Eventually you will see/feel results. You can do this!
  • MTBrob
    Options
    THanks all..

I really hope you are able to find the fire inside of you and burn down the world with it.. Its always the first step thats the hardest. If you want it as bad as you say you do, I know you will succeed.
  • okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    THanks all..

I really hope you are able to find the fire inside of you and burn down the world with it.. Its always the first step thats the hardest. If you want it as bad as you say you do, I know you will succeed.

^^like^^