SE Wisconsin peeps?

Options
Hey all! Been on MFP for a few weeks now and was looking for some active MFP posters & friends to share our fitness journeys. I'm on the site on and off all day and reading the forums and commenting on my friend's timelines and thought it would be cool to have some local-ish friends who are in the same boat and can cheer or cry depending on how the Packers/Badgers/Brewers did.

Hit me up with a friend request if you like!

Replies

• nlenz16
    Options
    I'm from northern Illinois!! Gurnee area to be exact! Although I am not a Packers fan, I am a die hard Brewers fan!!! :)
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    I lived in Lake Geneva for 10 years. I went to Nursing School at Gatewat Technical colle campuses in Elkhorn, Kenosha, Racine I now iive in Florida. I don't miss the snow but Wisconsin has surely chaned over the years. Last visit I was surprised Genoa City lost alot of farm land to gated comunties. I couldn't believe it. Actually I thought I was lost. Did make it to Lake Geneva. I miss fresh Cheese Curds and brats. Oh and not to mention the Milwaukee Fair and Cream Puffs. Merk cheese not the same from the stores here. Brats are horrible here.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Fox Valley here! Go Pack Go!!!
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm not SE more towards the center of WI. Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • perpetual98
    Options
    Woot! Friend requests sent!
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Madison area here. Love our Wisconsin sports teams!
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    You rang? I work next to Lambeau field and on my way to work this morning I had to follow in a decked out Bear-Mobile RV, I wanted to run it off the road, instead I just took a picture of it with my phone and texted it to my husband, announcing "Da Bears are in town".
  • xoTammyox
    xoTammyox Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I used to live in the Waukesha/Town of Brookfield area. Didn't like it so we moved back to California. The weather was horrible. However, I do miss the Milwaukee Zoo. In laws have a business in New Berlin.

**Oh yea, I miss the State Fair and Cheese Curds :D
  • atticus84
    atticus84 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    well I'm not from Wisconsin, I'm from Minnesota, right next to the border!! and as I'm not a packer fan at all, I still work with a bunch of them and we haven't killed each other!!
  • perpetual98
    Options
    Mmmm cheese curds. We had some at the Waukesha County Fair last year that were heart-stoppingly delicious. Granted they were like $7 or $8. lol
  • kitten7911
    kitten7911 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    central Wisconsin here! Cubs fan, but loves me some packers!!! GO PACK GO!!!!
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Other WI peeps feel free to add me too!
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My husband is from SE WI and has transplanted to MA because he met me while out here with friends (my mother-in-law will never forgive me :smile: ) We follow all the WI sports teams and travel out there several times per year. Gained three lbs the last trip on cheese curds and frozen custard because we just can't get them here.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am a relocated cheesehead from Northern Wisconsin. Living in the Twin Cities. Wisconsin has kicked butt pretty much since I moved her in 2008 so the Minnesotans have been quiet.

Add me if you like as well.

Go Pack! (Brewers with a wild card shot?)
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm from northern Illinois!! Gurnee area to be exact! Although I am not a Packers fan, I am a die hard Brewers fan!!! :)

I'm in Gurnee, too!
  • PFTEID
    Options
    You can add me!! Die hard season ticket holder of the Green Bay Packers!!!!!
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wearing my Green and Gold in Sheboygan County!
  • perpetual98
    Options
    Sweet! I picked up a bunch of new friends. Let's see how long they can stand me. :p
  • perpetual98
    Options
    Upon further review, I really enjoyed the Packers/Bears game last night. It was so nice watching our defense run a game for a change.

The best part was in pre-game hearing about the Bears "High-powered offense" and I'm guessing that Jay Cutler spend the night crying in the fetal position having nightmares about Clay Matthews :-)
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Greendale here! Feel free to add me!