JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (March 3rd-March 9th)

Options
Good morning my challengers! It's a wonderful snowy, icy morning here in Iowa and I am just so happy to be at work!!!!:wink: Yeah right! Anyways...I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was good, just a little too short. Friday I was home with back pains, but by evening I was feeling well enough to get to the gym and jog on the treadmill. So....Friday was not bad. Saturday during the day was fine, but we decided to get some ice cream Saturday night that I hadn't factored into my goals for the day, but was okay since I had gone spinning that morning. Then, we busted out the booze! Man...I was feeling GREAT! But...our one sober driver (who wasn't me) decided to take us to Perkins and I had a HUGE waffle with whipped cream and strawberries! Yeah...that plus my alcohol put me at like 1000 calories over for the day...and that included the extra calories I could have for spinning! I usually am NEVER this bad...I don't know what happened! But, good news...I am still down! I have excaped the plateau!!!!!! Here's the stats:

Started MFP (Nov.2007): 183 pounds
The New Year (Jan. 4): 174 pounds
Start of challenge (Feb.2008): 163 pounds*my 20 pounds lost mark!:bigsmile:
Last week (Feb.25*after 2 weeks at plateau): 166 pounds*gained before hitting plateau!:explode:
This morning (March 3): 164 pounds

So...I'm back on the wagon! Now, I just need to keep it up! Next week (Thursday) I'm leaving for vacation. I will be gone the 13th thru the 23rd so, someone will need to post for the week of the 17th. I will have no access to a computer and am a little scared about going way over all the time. But, we are planning on running in the mornings, so that should help somewhat, and we are bringing lots of healthy stuff to keep in the hotel room so that we aren't ALWAYS eating out. But, there will be margaritas and Mexican food (since we will be in Mexico a few days). Anyways, I am going to have fun so won't worry too much. And then I will come back home and get right back to it!!!

Anyways...this is getting long. Just wanted to say good morning. I hope everyone else is doing well. I look forward to hearing from all of you!!! GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning my challengers! It's a wonderful snowy, icy morning here in Iowa and I am just so happy to be at work!!!!:wink: Yeah right! Anyways...I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was good, just a little too short. Friday I was home with back pains, but by evening I was feeling well enough to get to the gym and jog on the treadmill. So....Friday was not bad. Saturday during the day was fine, but we decided to get some ice cream Saturday night that I hadn't factored into my goals for the day, but was okay since I had gone spinning that morning. Then, we busted out the booze! Man...I was feeling GREAT! But...our one sober driver (who wasn't me) decided to take us to Perkins and I had a HUGE waffle with whipped cream and strawberries! Yeah...that plus my alcohol put me at like 1000 calories over for the day...and that included the extra calories I could have for spinning! I usually am NEVER this bad...I don't know what happened! But, good news...I am still down! I have excaped the plateau!!!!!! Here's the stats:

Started MFP (Nov.2007): 183 pounds
    The New Year (Jan. 4): 174 pounds
    Start of challenge (Feb.2008): 163 pounds*my 20 pounds lost mark!:bigsmile:
    Last week (Feb.25*after 2 weeks at plateau): 166 pounds*gained before hitting plateau!:explode:
    This morning (March 3): 164 pounds

So...I'm back on the wagon! Now, I just need to keep it up! Next week (Thursday) I'm leaving for vacation. I will be gone the 13th thru the 23rd so, someone will need to post for the week of the 17th. I will have no access to a computer and am a little scared about going way over all the time. But, we are planning on running in the mornings, so that should help somewhat, and we are bringing lots of healthy stuff to keep in the hotel room so that we aren't ALWAYS eating out. But, there will be margaritas and Mexican food (since we will be in Mexico a few days). Anyways, I am going to have fun so won't worry too much. And then I will come back home and get right back to it!!!

Anyways...this is getting long. Just wanted to say good morning. I hope everyone else is doing well. I look forward to hearing from all of you!!! GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*:flowerforyou:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    This will be fast as I am leaving town right now. I will report more when I return this weekend.

Last week - 161
    Today - 158.2

First week with my Polar F11 watch. I will give my thoughts on that later.

Have a good week!!:flowerforyou:

liz
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Starting weight on 1-14: 176
    Three weeks ago : 164.2
    Two weeks ago: 163.7
    One week ago: 162.2
    Today: 164

Well now that I am better from being sick, I have gained some weight back. I am going to have to work extra hard this week. Good Luck to all!!! HH
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options
    I don't weigh in until Wednesday AM, but I just wanted to say hi and good job everyone! Hang in there, we are doing great!! :smile:
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    After a few weeks of losing 3 lbs per week... this week the scale wasn't my friend. I didn't gain but I didn't lose either. :explode: I kind of ate a lot of salty junky food this weekend. Not going over my calories but not eating the normal healthy stuff I usually eat. I have been having a lot of crazy dreams so I haven't been sleeping well. Not sure if anyone has ever checked my profile but my husband is in Iraq so my dreams have been crazy ones about him. :cry:

However, I did measure myself and I lost an inch here and there. Except for my bust... maybe that is a good thing? :laugh:

Start of JGC: 182 lbs
    Last Week: 171 lbs
    Today: 171 lbs

Total loss for JGC: 11 lbs
    Total loss for MFP: 19 lbs

Well~ here is for another week! Good luck everyone... :flowerforyou: See ya'll on Monday!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    hheath: Hey! Glad you're feeling better! Yeah...the little weight gain is okay! I'm sure as you get back into the swing of things, it will drop right back off! No worries!

rookieswife: Hang in there! At least you didn't gain! That's GREAT! And I know how awesome it must of felt to lose 3 pounds a week, but realistically that's not something that will probably continue. 1-2 pounds a week is really good! So...don't worry! You are doing an EXCELLENT job!!! And losing inches is good! So, just stick with it!

Everyone else...keep it up!!!:drinker:

*Kistinbee*
  • rhondababy
    rhondababy Posts: 119
    Options
    I had a really fun weekend- 22nd wedding anniversary!!! Yay! So, my husband and I had a lovely time- Our son (the one child still at home)is on a study abroad program right now, so we had the house to ourselves except for the dog, and two cats! We ate a bit too much, and drank wine a few times, and went out for brunch, but I don't feel like it was that bad. I didn't really over-eat, even if the foods were calorie dense it doesn't feel as bad when you don't over eat. I don't weigh in until Friday, but whatever the outcome, it was worth it. It was happy, conscious eating, not unhappy, unconscious eating!

Good luck to all this week!
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    Had a great weekend. Skied for 4 hours on saturday, then went snowshoeing for 2.5 hours yesterday. Ate quite a bit, but managed to stay under my calories. I have not weighed myself , probably will next tuesday.
    Joined Dec31, 2007 at 145 lbs
    Last weigh in about a week ago , at 145 lbs
    Just can't seem to loose anything, could possibly be in starvation mode, and have been trying to fix that now for about three weeks. I have heard that it can take up to 4 weeks for this to change, so I will weigh in next week... Keeping my fingers
    Dawn
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just saying hi and way to go everyone! I weigh in tomorrow and am hoping to see a small loss. I have been taking it easy on my knee, but am still doing at least some working out most days. Also, everyone around me seems to be getting sick, so I have been trying to fight that off as well - drinking TONS of water and taking extra vitamin C and zinc. I think it is working, but whenever I stop drinking water, I get a headache... so I keep on drinking! Today it was unseasonably warm so I took a 30-minute walk at lunchtime (would have been longer but I wasn't wearing my sneakers so I started to get blisters after 30 minutes), and then did an hour of yoga (DVD) once I got home. That yoga kicked my butt! :laugh: I need a lot more practice.

Yay Kistinbee! I'm glad to hear you broke through your plateau. That is great news! :happy:

Rookieswife - losing inches is fantastic! I'm not too surprised that you slowed down a little after a few big weeks, but it sounds like you are doing great!!

Dawn66 - hang in there! It sounds like you are on the right track. If you had been undereating for a while, you could be right about starvation mode. Just keep tweaking and I'm sure your body will give it up eventually! :laugh:

Great job, everyone! Keep up the good work, and hopefully I will have good news tomorrow!
  • madkat67
    madkat67 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I weighed in on Saturday and lost 4 pounds!
    Starting weight - 172
    Saturday - 168
    The exercise is the tricky part for me so I'm going to try getting up early on Tuesday and Thursday morning for a cardio workout. I hope that helps!
    We have friends coming in from Alaska for the week and I'm really nervous! There are parties scheduled and our kids will be going to my parents for the weekend - JUST KEEP ME AWAY FROM THE PIZZA!
    Well, I'll let you know how it all plays out on the scales this weekend!
    Good luck everyone!
    Madkat67
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Starting weight (Jan. 18): 195
    Last Week: 186
    This week : 185

Hope everyone is well:smile:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    OK - doing well this week! :smile:

Started MFP: 210
    Last week: 191.4
    This week: 189.2

Great work, everybody!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing really well! That's AWESOME! I mentioned last week that I was making sure that I was eating all the extra calories that I burned with exercise, and that seemed to help (I'm out of my plateau) however, now it seems like I go OVER my allowed calories every day! And that's not something that I want to get in a habit of! So...my goal for this week is to make sure I'm not going OVER my calories but also make sure I'm eating my extra calories! That's the goal...wish me luck!!!:wink:

cp005, nicolej, and madkat...Nice Work!!!!:drinker:

dawn66...hang in there!:flowerforyou: The results WILL come!!!!!

Everyone else...GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

*Kistinbee*

:bigsmile: WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Original post baby weight: 225.4
    Current weight: 198.2
    Goal weight: 175 (Ultimate 160 by Sept)
    Goal weight loss a week: 2 lbs
    Pounds lost this week: 1.4
    pounds lost total: 27.2

Yea! I not only maintained though vacation but managed to lose some too! Probably didn't hurt that I was sick for a few days... not the most enjoyable way to lose the weight, but I guess I won't complain. Feeling better now so I am back to running, so hopefully things keep going this way!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Well, I finally got to weigh myself. I kept off the scale till the period was over, and it wasn't as good as I was hoping. I lost .8lbs., in 2 weeks! :explode:

Ok, at least it's not sitting still. And while I haven't gone over my calories I have had some days out in the last two weeks, drank some wine, ate some burgers... so I guess it's not all that bad...

So, here are the current stats

Start of MFP in Jan - 225
    2 weeks ago - 211
    today 210.2

I will measure myself on Thursday. And see what my inches lost in the last month has been, hopefully that's a better number :smile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well, I finally got to weigh myself. I kept off the scale till the period was over, and it wasn't as good as I was hoping. I lost .8lbs., in 2 weeks! :explode:

Ok, at least it's not sitting still. And while I haven't gone over my calories I have had some days out in the last two weeks, drank some wine, ate some burgers... so I guess it's not all that bad...

2 weeks ago - 211
    today 210.2

I will measure myself on Thursday. And see what my inches lost in the last month has been, hopefully that's a better number :smile:

Hey! I was wondering when I'd hear from ya! Don't worry...you still had a loss! That's GREAT! My progress has been VERY slow for the past while (as you can see from my posts) but WE WILL GET THERE! I just know it! So...no worries! Keep up the good work! :bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options

2 weeks ago - 211
    today 210.2

Hey! I was wondering when I'd hear from ya! Don't worry...you still had a loss! That's GREAT! My progress has been VERY slow for the past while (as you can see from my posts) but WE WILL GET THERE! I just know it! So...no worries! Keep up the good work! :bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*

Thanks Kistin! :smile:

I think all we can do is just keep on keepin on. No matter what the scale says I will continue to work out 6 days a week and I will continue to eat healthy, most of the time, and within my calorie allotment. Eventually the numbers on the scale will catch up with what I'm doing.

I remind myself that this is a life change and not a diet and while losing weight is part of it, the greater part is being healthy and physically fit so I can enjoy my life.

Glad to see your numbers are moving the right direction now too!

and yes, WE WILL GET THERE! Time will pass no matter what we do, it's up to us to fill that passing time with the things that are good for us.

Jess
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    starting weight in June 07 was 209
    last week weight was 147
    current weight 143.8
    total loss of 65.2 lbs ;p
    I have another 18 lbs to go!!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options

2 weeks ago - 211
    today 210.2

*Kistinbee*

Thanks Kistin! :smile:

I think all we can do is just keep on keepin on. No matter what the scale says I will continue to work out 6 days a week and I will continue to eat healthy, most of the time, and within my calorie allotment. Eventually the numbers on the scale will catch up with what I'm doing.

I remind myself that this is a life change and not a diet and while losing weight is part of it, the greater part is being healthy and physically fit so I can enjoy my life.

Glad to see your numbers are moving the right direction now too!

and yes, WE WILL GET THERE! Time will pass no matter what we do, it's up to us to fill that passing time with the things that are good for us.

Jess

I couldn't agree more!!:bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    starting weight in June 07 was 209
    last week weight was 147
    current weight 143.8
    total loss of 65.2 lbs ;p
    I have another 18 lbs to go!!!!

Nice work!! You're an inspiration!!!! Keep it up! Those 18 pounds can easily be lost by July!!!!

*Kistinbee*