Insanity Challenge

Options

Replies

• sjacobson1013
    sjacobson1013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity 1 week ago and will be doing w2d1 tonight. I would love to hear how everyone else is doing through the process. I LOVE it so far! It is hard to get used to over P90X (I keep calling Shawn "Tony" by accident) but is definitely a nice change. Feel free to add me - as I said, I would like to know how everyone else is doing.
  • 65Fa5tback
    Options
    Love insanity, currently finishing a cycle. Definitely doing another after a recovery week!!
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. :D I think this is gonna be fun. And yes, I am sticking with the mentality that its going to be fun. Cause if its not fun, then why the frack are we doing it!?!? :)
  • kimmay22
    Options
    day 4, cardio recovery.. i actually found this to be the hardest to fight through so far. the slow pace and frequent breaks (on top of still dripping in sweat) makes it easy to want to give up and with my sore muscles being worked to their limit yet again the entire time, i had to fight to push through.. but am i ever glad i did! immediately after i noticed a huge difference in the way i felt. all the pain ive had the last few days was virtually gone! it was hell, but it definately did its job!
  • tdrusk
    tdrusk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    day 4, cardio recovery.. i actually found this to be the hardest to fight through so far. the slow pace and frequent breaks (on top of still dripping in sweat) makes it easy to want to give up and with my sore muscles being worked to their limit yet again the entire time, i had to fight to push through.. but am i ever glad i did! immediately after i noticed a huge difference in the way i felt. all the pain ive had the last few days was virtually gone! it was hell, but it definately did its job!
    Yep. I have noticed faster recovery the more I do Insanity. I can also run faster for longer now.(It's only been a week!). I find eating a good sized meal after the workout helps speed up recovery.
  • JediSwan
    Options
    I did my Shakeology right after the workout. Actually felt sick to my stomach right after so I knew I had to get something in and that was the easiest thing to find. Really need to up my protein intake. Looks like I need to go shoppin! :)
  • Fit_Vixen
    Options
    My 14 Year old son (as of today, his birthday) started it yesterday!!! he had me take before pics. He says hes going to earn that shirt!!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I've tried Insanity before but am terrible at keeping up this sort of thing (the schedule). I really, really want to do it though...would love the support of a group!
  • dstephenson64
    dstephenson64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started today also! How are you tracking your exercise? I mean how do you get your calories burned to put in your diary?
  • lorencrutchley87
    Options
    I have just got this and planning to start it Monday I am currently doing 30day shred but like the look of this.
  • JediSwan
    Options
    I have an HRM that I start at the beginning and stop at the end. Tells me how many calories burned and minutes on timer. I love it! I highly recommend you get one. Best investment ever.

Please feel free to add me and/or join my support group. :)
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I did the Day 1 fit test yesterday....it was so hard and I did pretty bad lol. But I can't wait to see how I progress!
  • JediSwan
    Options
    My fit test was sad. LOL :( I also missed it today because my pulled muscle in my back is really bad. Iced it at work and hoping to be able to get back on the ball Monday. I may just start over so I can really bring it. Gonna take it easy this weekend. Husband already warned me to take it easy. Maybe I should listen to him for a change. LMAO :)
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity too! Lol It takes a while but god each time you do it, it feels like the first time.
  • Krers
    Krers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started Monday too! Fit test Sunday, first workout Monday. I'll add you!
  • JediSwan
    Options
    That's awesome that so many of you are doing this. I feel great to have such support and inspiration. :):drinker:
  • samlankford
    Options
    hate mummy kicks.. they are not "hard" but bit of an odd move... lol wait until you see month 2 :-) I am doing a hybrid of insanity and the asylum at the moment, will finish that on october 1st... going to take about 2 weeks off of set workouts then do asylum p90x2 hybrid or an insanity/p90x2 hybrid, not sure which one yet though
  • Kaylee_Jeanelle
    Options
    I started Monday and I absolutely love it! The soreness the first few days was rough but it like my body craves the workouts every morning.

I'm not flowing the meal plan exactly, but getting as close as possible. I also subed my recovery drink with low fat chocolate milk and it works!

I would like to add more friends that are doing the program because support is key!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have 3 more workouts until the week "break." I'm SO ready. My muscles neeeeeed a break! I was able to get through most of Pure Cardio without taking a break and at this point, I'm taking a handful. I do like it though and the way the workouts are arranged, they go by pretty quickly.
  • lnd2011
    lnd2011 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    As Shaun T says why do I do this cause I wanna look gooood. That's why