Young Mother just getting started

aida67
aida67 Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Ive just started my diet and excersise program a week ago as I am down to my last 10 lbs. I started at 185 after having my last child, if you can believe it. Im now down to 135 though its taken me three years to get there. Its not really important that I lose the 10 lbs and am 125lbs, but more that I reach the size I want. Its difficult keeping myself on track sometimes though as Im usually doing it by myself and I find that a partner helps with the process. Hoping to find others on here lookin for the same thing that can also help me reach my goals as well. currently, I keep a 1200 to 1300 calorie intake a day, as well as a 20 minutes cardio fat burner video 4x's a week with 3 days of 20 to 30 minutes of light weights as well. I walk about 4 miles a day five days a week, I dont have strong knees so Ive been working up to running. I try to stay on with my plan but sometimes I need a little push to get me going. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    welcome! the best thing is to read posts and educate yourself. track track track your food.
    and join a group or thread that works for you--there are mommies, vegetarians, people starting to run, 30 y.o.'s etc etc

it helps to have that personal connection and accountability. congrats on all you've achieved so far!
  • Welcome, I am a young mother myself! This site is great for motivation and to meet new people with the same goals. I am part of the fab fours. This group is amazing and the woman are very informative and nice. We have a four week challenge where you set your goal to meet in 4 four weeks. We also have daily challenges which are great and spice things up a bit. Check us out on the motivation and support topics under the fab fours!

Congrats on the weight loss!
This discussion has been closed.