Detox!

Options
Hi I'm new here!

I want to do a detox before starting my diet on Jan 1st! Does anyone have any tips on how I should proceed? :) Thanks

Replies

• Mariateresa
    Options
    I have detoxed several times. I have used a product that you can get at Whole Foods in the health and nurtrition section. The box contains a series of pills that you take in the course of 1 week with lots of water. Don't worry it is not going to flush your bowels like you may have heard. You can easliy resume your normal daily schedule without trouble. It just takes all the toxins out of your digestive system. Unfortunely, I cannot remember the name of it. I just know I bought it at whole foods and it came in a green box and it was approx. $24.99. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't.

Instead spend your time and money researching healthy foods and recepies that you will actually enjoy eating so you can enjoy your weight loss for a life time.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    What are you looking to do? There are so many different programs that you could do. My favorite is the master cleanser. I do it every year after the new year.

Just be careful. Look at this site for some good tips and education on detoxing before you commit. www.elsonhaas.com

Detoxing does not have to be expensive and it has a very bad rep. That is based on miseducation mostly. A detox could be anything from cutting out junk food and eating clean to extensive digestive cleansing and water fasting. The term detox simply implies that you are cleansing your body in some way, shape, or form.

You are going to get loads of people telling you don't do it. Just do your homework and talk to people who actually do this regularly.

Holly
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I have detoxed several times. I have used a product that you can get at Whole Foods in the health and nurtrition section. The box contains a series of pills that you take in the course of 1 week with lots of water. Don't worry it is not going to flush your bowels like you may have heard. You can easliy resume your normal daily schedule without trouble. It just takes all the toxins out of your digestive system. Unfortunely, I cannot remember the name of it. I just know I bought it at whole foods and it came in a green box and it was approx. $24.99. Hope this helps and good luck!

Trader Joe's has their own cleanse. Its $9.99. It is a 2 week cleanse. You take fiber capsules daily, drink tons of water, eat lightly. There are also supplements for liver detox and digestive health. They are simple blends of herbs, vitamins and minerals that you take daily. For 10 bucks, I think it was worth it.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Can't you just detox by eating healthily from this point forward? Eat lots of fiber and drink lots of water and it should flush you out eventually....and that is free! :)
  • lauraa0411
    Options
    Hi I'm new here!

I want to do a detox before starting my diet on Jan 1st! Does anyone have any tips on how I should proceed? :) Thanks

Like you, I have been thinking about detoxing. I was looking around on the internet and I came across the "Master Cleanse" or "Lemonade Diet". It sounds a bit difficult to do but I really want to try it. This is the link with the info www.themastercleanse.org. I plan to start this cleanse on January 1 and hopefuly I will be finishing on January 11. If you decide to do it, please let me know so we can help and support each other.
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    Detox's can be dangerous if done wrong. Why not try eating cleanly for a week or only "raw" foods for a week.
  • Emilydmo
    Emilydmo Posts: 101
    Options
    I think plain old clean eating and some intense cardio sessions should have you feeling completely detoxed within a week without having to buy anything extra!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options

Like you, I have been thinking about detoxing. I was looking around on the internet and I came across the "Master Cleanse" or "Lemonade Diet". It sounds a bit difficult to do but I really want to try it. This is the link with the info www.themastercleanse.org. I plan to start this cleanse on January 1 and hopefuly I will be finishing on January 11. If you decide to do it, please let me know so we can help and support each other.

That is my fave! I will be starting it after the new year, but I wait till after mine and my daughters birthday. I'm here to support you if you feel like you need it. If its your first time, make sure you ease into it. It can be hard the first time.

Holly
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Try eating "clean" for the next few days- cut out sugar and salt, white and processed carbs, eat whole grains, organic fruits, vegetables and poultry, and drink lots of water.