Ripped in 30 vs. 6 Week 6 Pack

Options
I need some opinions from people who have tried both of these programs. I've been doing 30 Day Shred for a couple months now and while I'm seeing results from it, it's getting really boring. I've tried to move up to Levels 2 and 3 but due to shoulder problems, I can't do most of the moves that require weights, which is most of the major things in those two levels. I ordered both RI30 and 6W6P from Amazon but I'm wondering which one I should use next. Most of my fat is concentrated in my belly, which is why I was considering 6W6P next but I don't want to lose the muscle I've built up in the rest of my body from 30DS. Any suggestions from people that have used them?

Replies

• Taylorkins23
    Options
    I don't know about 6W6P, but I am currently doing RI30 and even on Week 1 there is a lot of lifting weights above the head, so just be careful!

I know this doesn't answer your question (sorry!), but just wanted to give you a heads up
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 6w6p at the moment and WHOA NELLY! that is a frikkin workout!! I was doing 30DS and getting bored doing the same routines, so I bought RI30 & 6W6P so I could mix it up between all of them... the plan was to alternate them week by week or day by day depending on my level of interest... after my first day of 6w6p I've decided I'm going to do this programme and then alternate the 2 30 day programmes.

seriously its awesome, you may have a few issues if you have shoulder problems, but for the most part you'll be able to do the moves, I always just modify them a little bit to suit me if I'm experiencing an injury (like this morning when my wrist was playing up) I just used my forearms for stabiling rather than my hands.

Do it. Add me and let me know what you think!! XD (i'm on day 2 btw)
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I have just finished Ripped in 30 (after doing 30 DS) and I've done one level 1 workout for 6W6P. All of these videos have weights and some shoulders -- you know that Jillian loves plank! I would have suggested Killer Buns and Thighs instead. I think, but I'm not certain, that one has much less arm work and focuses on the lower body much more. You might find that you need to just stick with level 1 of all of them and skip some exercises because of the shoulder problems though.