New to site and ready for a new year and a new me!!!!!!!!

MrsValentine
MrsValentine Posts: 85 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello internet friends,
Im a wife and a mother of 3 lovely kids. ages 10,4, and a 10mth..I have been a stay at home mother for about 3 yrs. and decided to go back to work. I am tring to find ways to lose the weight and managed work and home...I would like any ideals on how i can get my metabolism up, which I believe is screwed up (big time). I also believe that the help of birthcontrol had cause me to gain the weight and messed up my system which made it very hard for me to lose the weight.. My husband and I are renewing our vows in Aug 2010 and I plan to lose a big amount of weight before time....

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Hey and welcome to MFP! A good trick to get your metabolism up and running best is to eat 5 or 6 small meals a day. This keeps your metabolism higher because you have a steady flow of food coming in and it also helps you feel full all day so you won't feel deprived. It has worked well for me! I'm getting married in September, so I'm really determined to reach my goals this year, too.
    Good luck to you! You can do it!
  • Anumie23
    Anumie23 Posts: 33 Member
    I've really adopted the "eat this, instead of that" attitude. I find high yield foods that taste good and give my body a boost. Also as Blondie says keep a steady flow of good for you foods coming in about every 3 hours to keep your body from becoming deprived. Stay active but with three kids I'm sure you already are! Good luck and feel free to lean on everyone for support.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hi there and welcome! :)

Trust me, I know about juggling it all. :) I am a single mother of an infant and toddler and working and still have to fit in the time to exercise. It isn't always easy.

As far as metabolism. Eating the right foods to fuel your body and give you energy is important and you have to keep your body guessing with exercise. Switch it up. Bump up a level or add time. Try a new workout. Your body/muscles can get too used to any one exercise when you do it over and over and then it's not working as hard.

Best of luck! This site should help a lot. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.