Calories burned estimates for exercises

Options
2»

Replies

• bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    It totally depends, which is why I always use my HRM - sometimes it will be over the MFP estimate, sometimes under, depending on how hard I actually worked. And that's not going to be 100% accurate either, just probably closer to the real number. But I know the calorie counts in foods aren't ever going to be perfect either, so I just tend to be a bit conservative on burned and a bit liberal on eaten and hope it averages out.
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options

I think a lot of people have that mentality (take everything with a grain of salt), but there are still lots of people looking for quick, sure-fire answers, and when they read that something works they do it. Then if it doesn't work for them they end up discouraged and frustrated. A little context up front could have been really helpful to them, that's my only point.

I am sorry... I am just crabby and cranky and sore today (at home on the couch with broken foot)

and I got defensive... I didn't mean to snap at you

thanks for your advice and not snapping back at me :flowerforyou:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

I think a lot of people have that mentality (take everything with a grain of salt), but there are still lots of people looking for quick, sure-fire answers, and when they read that something works they do it. Then if it doesn't work for them they end up discouraged and frustrated. A little context up front could have been really helpful to them, that's my only point.

I am sorry... I am just crabby and cranky and sore today (at home on the couch with broken foot)

and I got defensive... I didn't mean to snap at you

thanks for your advice and not snapping back at me :flowerforyou:

No worries!