Glycogen fast weight loss concerns

Options
I have been eating a lot less recently, but during this week, i have really cut out salts and sugars, also started drinking a lot more water. For the past couple of days, I have lost 2 pounds a day, which I am assuming is just glycogen. I know this will slow down, but at what point should I be concerned because I don't want to damage my body. I currently exercise 5 days a week (3 weight days, 2 cardio days). I am very satisfied with the weight loss but really I just want to have a healthier life style. Is this normal for a diet, and is there anything I should do to ensure I don't lose muscle?

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You've lost 2 lbs every day for a few days straight? How much are you eating now compared to the amount you ate to maintain?

According to your ticker, you have about 25 lbs you'd like to lose. Therefore, I'd recommend a moderate goal of 1 lb per week which is a 500 calorie total deficit. If you wish to preserve lean body mass, stop doing cardio and only do weights. Let the deficit primarily come from eating less than maintenance range. Thus, if you burn 100 calories doing weights, eat 400 calories less per day. Lastly, consume about 0.8 to 1g of protein x lean body mass, if known. Lifting moderately heavy as well as eating a high-protein diet will spare lean body mass as you rework your body composition.
  • prince_david
    prince_david Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First day I ate 1000 calories, but yesterday I ate very lightly, just around 600. Currently at around 700-800 today. I will be changing to take in about 1200 calories a day to get on a normal healthy diet. Thanks for the advice!