never been so happy to go to the doctor!

Options
Last time I saw my doctor was July 30th. I went in for a check-up after having a bad asthma attack. Of course I had to step on the dreaded scale, and almost fell over when I saw the number 210....I had no idea I was even close to 200!!! THAT was the day I decided enough was enough... I was shocked, and scared and after getting the support I needed and coming up with a plan, I made my lifestyle change.
I went back to the doctor today (having some digestion issues) and the nurse told me I was 200!!! I just started working out and watching what I eat on August 26th! That's 10 pounds in 19 days! I would have never thought in a million years that I could say I lost ten pounds! I have never been able to lose more than 4 or 5 at a time.
Of course I have a LOOOOONG way to go, but I'm so happy I have already hit 10!!

Replies

• girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    kick *kitten*!!! :)
  • lovingeire
    Options
    Congratulations! What a fabulous start to your journey! Truly inspirational!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Hard work pays off!! Nice job!
  • Tracepa98
    Options
    Thats amazing!! Soon you will be able to say you've entered ONE-derland. :smile: Congrats on all your hard work :drinker:
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Great job! I love reading these kind of posts! :)
  • niftyfifty47
    niftyfifty47 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    "Well done...I know just what you mean. I used to dread getting on the scales at my doctors, now I'm almost begging him to weigh me!!!
  • miltongurl05
    miltongurl05 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Very happy for you!!!
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congrats! what time was this appt? first thing in the morning or after you already had breakfast? if it was after breakfast, chances are you are already in one-derland .... Awesome job, I look forward in watching you in your journey.
  • slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! Keep that momentum going. My physician now refers his patients to me when they say they want to lose, but do not want surgery. You can do it.
  • m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    Options
    Feels great doesn't it?!
  • denisel321
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    That is great and I know what you mean about finally being happy to see a doctor.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!