More salad ideas than you can shake a stick at.

Options

Replies

• newvegangoddess
    newvegangoddess Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    OMG!! This is a great topic! I love it!
  • tandraghose
    tandraghose Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bumping this for later
  • rmcgreal
    Options
    thanks! <3
  • hannydee
    Options
    Bumpety bump! Always looking for new ideas for lunches so will read this later :)
  • mommawhtz4dinner
    Options
    bump
  • nannabannana
    Options
    bumpity bump.Thank you so much for sharing this delish info and the site as well:)
  • ColleenDeBeasi
    ColleenDeBeasi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    3. A nice cucumber salad: Slice cucumbers thin (if they’re fat and old, peel and seed them first), toss with red onions and salt, then let sit for 20 to 60 minutes. Rinse, dry, dress with cider vinegar mixed with Dijon mustard; no oil necessary.

I made this, but modified it and thought I'd share my modifications. Just cucumbers and onions was a little too harsh on the stomach. Also, while the tart cider vinegar/mustard dressing wasn't bad... I like mine better with a little sweet to the tart. I also had to experiment with amounts because the recipe doesn't provide any quantities. Grrr. I hate guessing at "season to taste" recipes.

So, what I did was to use 1 tbs. apple cider vinegar, 2 tbs. Grey Poupon dijon mustard, and 1 tbs of agave honey (the sweet I added). I also tossed it in with baby spinach. 6 cups of spinach, 1 cucumber and 1/2 of one red onion (I downsized)... there was almost too much dressing for it... so you could do the 2 cukes, whole onion and more spinach if you want.... anyway... here's a picture of my creation:

IMAG0738.jpg
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    19. Mix cooked cannellini or other white beans, chopped cherry or grape tomatoes and arugula or baby spinach. Lightly toast sliced garlic in olive oil with rosemary and red pepper flakes; cool slightly, add lemon zest or juice or both, then pour over beans.

I want to try this next... I just wish that these recipes provided some guidance as to ANY amounts. There is nothing. You totally have to guess at everything. How much garlic? How much rosemary? How much red pepper? etc.
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am gonna get so good a shakin' a stick! Thanks for posting. There is something here for everyone! :bigsmile:
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    What would happen if I ate one salad for every meal in order over 101 days?
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I love salad - saving this thread! Thanks!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Intradasting.
  • xxbookwormbabexx
    xxbookwormbabexx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump, some of the look delicious!!
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bump
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bumped
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    49. Toss greens with walnuts, blue cheese and raspberries; drizzle with a simple vinaigrette. Sell for $14 a serving.

:laugh: :laugh:

thanks for sharing!!!