Halloween?

Options
2»

Replies

• lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love dressing up! This year, I'm thinking Wonderwoman... or another idea that I steal from this thread :) Ideas are appreciated!!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I used to dress up, and if I had an event to go to I definitely would...but lately I just spend Halloween giving out candy to the kids. It is so much fun to see all the young kids in costume....

Plus, I love staying home to watch tons of scary movies! lol
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I wish I had an answer to the "What will you be" question.

For the last couple of years I've dressed up with my son. WE were devils, pirates, he was a firefighter and I was his dalmatian.

We have no clue this year. He's getting older now and wants to just do what is popular so I'll go with whatever he chooses.

I always dressed up and went out to parties in my college years. As a parent we either hand out candy or trick-or-treat. I love Halloween, it's one of my FAVORITE holidays so I will make something of it :)
  • wymanic
    wymanic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yep--throw a big party every year as I single-handedly try and bring Halloween tradtion to the UK! ;) I'm a sexy victorian harlot with a slit throat and hubbies going as Jack the Ripper this year! For passing out candy on the night--most likely a mummy!
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I usually dress up. Most of the time, I'm a witch. :tongue: It's just an easy costume to throw together, not because I act like one! Haha! I haven't decided if I'll dress up this year, but if I do, I'm looking at being Harley Quinn. Or perhaps Lilith (from Borderlands).

We never buy candy, since we don't get trick-or-treaters and I'm not home then anyway (I take my daughter Trick-or-Treating at that time). I never eat her candy. In fact, she still had some from last year that I finally threw out this week. :sick:
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Every year (especially when I feel good about my weight) I want to dress up. I can't ever justify spending the money on a costume though...Boo!

@rose, you don't have to buy an expensive costume from the Halloween stores! Last year I stalked the clearance rack at Forever21 and got a glittery taupe and gold corset dress, slapped on some glitter and went as a fairy :) I think the dress cost me $8.50 haha
  • slynn28
    Options
    wanted to be a pirate but my bf wants me to match his costume.. so im going to be a greek goddess. just got my costume in the mail today but it needs some adjusting. esp on the boob area ;\
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I haven't dressed up for Halloween for a decade or so until last year, only because we had a costume party at work. While looking at what's available for adults, I found alot of choices to be very skimpy (inappropriate for work), and the costumes wouldn't look good on someone that was overweight or fat...that's my insecure thinking. I ended up being a witch last year. I've lost quite a bit of weight and a lot of inches since then so I might be a bit more daring this year.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Every year my husband throws a halloween party at our house and the rule is you have to wear a costume.
    This year he wants to do a theme-have everyone dress as rock stars or zombie versions of dead rock stars and play Rock Band.
    So I don't know who I'll be-thinking I'll be Shirley Manson from Garbage. She's hot.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Last year I bought the "Princess Leia Gold Bikini" costume, but didn't have the balls to wear it.

This year I think I might. :happy:

Ummm girl you could totally rock that! My hubby would love it! That's his fantasy woman right there

Aw, thanks for the vote of confidence. :smile:
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My mother likes to sew, so usually my costumes have been homemade, since she has moved I will be buying mine this year. So that will be different for me.

But old ones that I have: Saloon girl, Gypsy, Ren faire outfit, Witch, Fairy.

Halloween is the best holiday of the year, I love way more than all the others, even Christmas. I can't decide which is more fun though, dressing up or seeing all the cute kids in their outfits.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    the hubby and i talk about dressing up every year
    but we never go anywhere.. and we never hand out candy! LOL
    seeing as im due that day - if I havent popped yet I joke that I am going to be a beached whale
  • missindepndnt86
    missindepndnt86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I dressed up, but I definitely will be this year! I'm hosting a Passion Party mid-October and am making it Halloween themed so I'd like to dress up, no clue what to wear yet though. The boyfriend will be dressing up as the guy from the Zac Brown Band "Toes" video for those who listen to country... Maybe I'll see what he'd like to see my dressed up as! :bigsmile: :wink:
  • Lisasfit
    Options
    So so so want to dress up but have no where to go show off the new body!! Lol! I think I'd be something sexy for sure!!!
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i LOVE halloween and i dress up every year!! no matter what my weight is....
  • Purplepeater
    Purplepeater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Last year,our next door neighbour gave small sample tubes of toothpaste to the kids, to use after eating all the rubbish they'd collected whilst trick or treating! I thought that was a great idea, the kids weren't overly impressed though!
    You tube has loads of great ideas for scarey halloween faces. I cant make up my mind to be a glam witch or ***** cat, or someone really horrible&scarey!