Football Parties

Options
I'm a little concerned now that football season is here, perfect timing for me to try and lose weight. I love watching football, college and the NFL. Sometimes we go to sports bars to watch or have the football party at my house. With football comes the sports bar food and beer, which taste great....but not great for my waistline. Does anyone have any healthy food/snack ideas for football parties. I don't want to make my guest suffer, but I would like to have some healthy options for me and anyone else who wants to skip the fried wings, mozzarella sticks, potato skins, and beer.

Replies

• lmeola18
    Options
    Definitely load up on the fruit and veggie platters, but have snacky foods available for everyone else as well. I don't know about you, but my family loves to eat veggies with dip while watching the game as well as their wings! Just try to eat more of the good stuff, and less of the not so good stuff.
  • sneakysneaker
    sneakysneaker Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you have a food processor homemade hummus, guacamole or bean dip is super easy. They go great with baked Tostitos scoops. You can also use the hummus or bean dip as a sandwich spread on whole wheat wraps. Grilled chicken skewers could substitute for wings if you get some good spice on them. Soup is a great filler for a few calories but not sure if the football fans want more finger food.