Changing my eating habits for marathon

Loskene
Loskene Posts: 121 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
MyFitnessPal seems like the most painless way to drop 30 pounds in order to compete in the 2010 Marine Corps Marathon. I want my self-respect back and running a marathon seems like a worthy goal - I just don't want to kill my joints during the training due to all the extra weight I've put on. Anybody been successful at this?

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I have lost 40lbs using MFP and running and I am not even up to a half marathon distance. It is definetly doable.

I have heard the Marine Corp marathon is a good first marathon to do. Good luck with the training. If you want training help, runners world magazine has a really good marathon training program for free.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    One day I would like to run a marathon, for now, I just stick to running 2 to 3 miles. But I have seen a lot of threads for C25K, the website for it is www.coolrunnings.com, it is supposed to help training a person from couch potato to 5K. I haven't really looked to much into the site because I use the treadmill 5k personal trainer to help me, but it seems real popular. You can probably search through the message board for more details. Hope that information helps.
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    My marathon training starts next month and I'm running my first marathon in June 2010. I'm definitely having to change my eating habits and MFP is great! Good luck!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    I am doing my 1st Oct 2010! I think that you can do it.

Read the book Born to Run, its awesome and can give you some tips about not getting injured while running.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    My marathon training starts next month and I'm running my first marathon in June 2010. I'm definitely having to change my eating habits and MFP is great! Good luck!

Which one are you doing in June? YEA!
  • Loskene
    Loskene Posts: 121 Member
    Thanks, you are a real inspiration! I will check out Runner's World mag. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.